Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car Clinic - 200 AED - 21st/22nd Feb

Car Clinic - 200 AED - 21st/22nd Feb

Old Feb 19th 2012, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Clinic - 200 AED - 21st/22nd Feb

Hi guys, anyone interested in taking part in a "car clinic"?

It'll be 45 minutes work and you need to be
  • Aged over 21
  • British/Western Expat
  • Household income of >30K AED a month
  • Have a car and able to bring the card as proof - doesn't have to be in your own name, can be in husband's/wife's
  • Intend to buy a car in the next 6-12 months
  • Have bought new car in last 5 years

The clinic takes place between midday and 10pm (on both days), so you can pop in on either dates, between those times (which I will doublecheck - i think they're right).

The clinic is at a hotel in Festival City

PM me and I'll put you in touch with the agency looking after this.

Cheers

Last edited by RedRoar75; Feb 19th 2012 at 4:53 am. Reason: updated criteria
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:04 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Clinic - 200 AED - 21st/22nd Feb

So only the 'right' nationalities can partake??

Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:11 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedRoar75
Hi guys, anyone interested in taking part in a "car clinic"?

It'll be 45 minutes work and you need to be
  • Aged over 21
  • British/Western Expat
  • Household income of >30K AED a month
  • Have a car and able to bring the card as proof - doesn't have to be in your own name, can be in husband's/wife's
  • Intend to buy a car in the next 6-12 months
  • Have bought new car in last 5 years
The clinic takes place between midday and 10pm (on both days), so you can pop in on either dates, between those times (which I will doublecheck - i think they're right).

The clinic is at a hotel in Festival City

PM me and I'll put you in touch with the agency looking after this.

Cheers
Please excuse my ignorance, but WHAT is a Car Clinic? Do we pay aed200 or do you pay us?

For the record, I qualify for all of the criteria.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

sigh..

No - its because the "non Western" slots are already filled, if you must know.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheShed
Please excuse my ignorance, but WHAT is a Car Clinic? Do we pay aed200 or do you pay us?

For the record, I qualify for all of the criteria.
No probs. The research agency pays you.

Basically, a car manufacturer wants you to take a look over one of their cars - usually a new model. They ask you what you think of the style, interior, seating etc etc etc.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:19 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

No probs. The research agency pays you.

Basically, a car manufacturer wants you to take a look over one of their cars - usually a new model. They ask you what you think of the style, interior, seating etc etc etc.
whilst capturing all your data and making enough sales from all the participants to justify paying the agency. given the middle easts attitude to data they will then also profit from selling your details to every marketer in the region who will bombard you with shite for the next 10 years, none of which you'll buy, want or even consider using if it was free.

on the plus side you'll get to piss yourself at the uniformed and woefully ill prepared sales patter.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

sigh..

No - its because the "non Western" slots are already filled, if you must know.
Then you should have made that clear in your original advert as it just looks very racist.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

You are talking out of your backside. You jumped to the wrong conclusion, deal with it.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:34 am
Bored liberal

You are talking out of your backside. You jumped to the wrong conclusion, deal with it.
You're a charmer aren't you?

Being rude to people is such an asset when you are trying to promote an event, as I'm sure you'll find...

Last edited by Meow; Feb 19th 2012 at 5:36 am.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiva
whilst capturing all your data and making enough sales from all the participants to justify paying the agency. given the middle easts attitude to data they will then also profit from selling your details to every marketer in the region who will bombard you with shite for the next 10 years, none of which you'll buy, want or even consider using if it was free.

on the plus side you'll get to piss yourself at the uniformed and woefully ill prepared sales patter.
I'm sure that does happen here... But this is actually being run under the MRS code of conduct (Market Research Society). Any data that the agency passes on to the client, will not allow the client to personally contact/nor identify you.

It's not a sales day - it's a legitimate research exercise. If any of you who are attending, do go - please feel free to post your experience.

Cheers
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Do you get to drive them?

The last one let me donut the Lexus-Armada thing in the Atlantis car park. OK, I could have chosen the 300C but I'm a family man.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a confirmed petrolhead and would sign up for this if it was in Abu Dhabi...
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
You're a charmer aren't you?

Being rude to people is such an asset when you are trying to promote an event, as I'm sure you'll find...
accuse me of being racist again, and you'll get the same.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:45 am
Bored liberal

accuse me of being racist again, and you'll get the same.
And now you're making threats?

How to win friends....
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Do you get to drive them?

The last one let me donut the Lexus-Armada thing in the Atlantis car park. OK, I could have chosen the 300C but I'm a family man.
Not as part of the clinic. They might let you have a go for giggles if they have them free (no idea).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.