Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car bought on finance--how to sell!?

Car bought on finance--how to sell!?

Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

BettyCrocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car bought on finance--how to sell!?

Hello,

I think I probably ought to know this, but since I've always bought second hand in the UK, I have to ask......

I bought a new Pajero in Feb on finance over 3 years. I've been here a year, and think I may go somewhere else in June when my contract ends.

What on Earth do I do.....can I sell the car to someone who agrees to take on the payments.....or do I have to pay the redemption fee and outstanding balance to sell?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Car bought on finance--how to sell!?

Originally Posted by BettyCrocker
Hello,

I bought a new Pajero in Feb on finance over 3 years. I've been here a year, and think I may go somewhere else in June when my contract ends.

What on Earth do I do
Thanks in advance
You cannot transfer ownership until the bank loan has been cleared by whatever means, simple as that really I believe.

Always sold my cars long after loans paid!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I think I probably ought to know this, but since I've always bought second hand in the UK, I have to ask......

What on Earth do I do.....can I sell the car to someone who agrees to take on the payments.....or do I have to pay the redemption fee and outstanding balance to sell?

Thanks in advance
so when you need help or advice you come back to BE, ask your friends.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Yeah, shoot the woman...

I'm just imagining you, sitting in a Tourism Information Booth, and shouting and yelling and cursing at people who come over to ask questions and get information...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:57 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks in advance

So I'm thinking maybe there is some history here BC????
Who cares I don't know you Betty but I have to say (now it's harsh but inevitably true)...:'Empowerment'
Sorry if that's a dirty word.

What on Earth do you do?

'Well I don't really know Mavis' said Betty (or was it Rita)....
Oh here's one.....take it back to the silly Bank Manager who loaned you the money- on no credit history but bona fides and tell him emphatically he forgot to mention sale or return terms when it got dirty.

Or on the other hand, read this:
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10233560.html
hth

Last edited by Eva; Jul 11th 2009 at 9:59 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

1. Find some one who wants to buy it, explain it is on loan and get money from them. You can let them start using the car I suppose - but it will be still registered/insured by you - tough call!

2. Take money to bank or institution who lent you money.

3. Clear loan. You may of course need to add to this to cover outstanding amount.

4. Bank will issue you a letter to say loan cleared (as this is noted on the RTA docs).

5. Car is transferred as normal at RTA/registration office.

.....wonder why yiou ever came here, bought a car for 100,000 then sold it to me for 5000.............................................. ...
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:02 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

That will teach you not to ask a question till you have posted more regularThats not usually you BC?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
That will teach you not to ask a question till you have posted more regularThats not usually you BC?
no it isn't like me to be like that but I think it is fair to say I am not the only poster who gives up time to help out with others queries, they take what they want and leave, the don't really contribute to the board and I find it quite irritating.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:27 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

no it isn't like me to be like that but I think it is fair to say I am not the only poster who gives up time to help out with others queries, they take what they want and leave, the don't really contribute to the board and I find it quite irritating.
This place is for everybody, they don't have to hang around and chat about the weather if they don't want to.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:29 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
This place is for everybody, they don't have to hang around and chat about the weather if they don't want to.
I know Spugsy but I have lost count of the amount of threads that many of us have posted on with various quieries and the OP hasn't even come back to reply on them!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:43 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

That is quite true BC but at times this is not a very pleasant board to post on, and not only for new posters
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:55 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by rowell
That is quite true BC but at times this is not a very pleasant board to post on, and not only for new posters
point taken
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Hello,

Thanks in advance

http://britishexpats.com/forum/search.php
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Think of BE as a pub where the regulars hang out...
One day someone comes in and asks questions about the neighbourhood and other details blabla, and then they all of a sudden disappear...
Only to come in, after 6 months, to ask another question and leave off again...

Putting things in perspective will actually make you see where BC is coming from...
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Confucius
Think of BE as a pub where the regulars hang out...
One day someone comes in and asks questions about the neighbourhood and other details blabla, and then they all of a sudden disappear...
Only to come in, after 6 months, to ask another question and leave off again...

Putting things in perspective will actually make you see where BC is coming from...
or how about coming to said pub, asking question, promises to come back in an hour for the answer but never does!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.