Car Advice

Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future
Default Car Advice

Hi,

Possibly moving out to Dubai at the end of the year, and have managed to get a pretty accurate picture of cost of living from previous threads. Also visited last week for a few days which helped to get a feel for the place.

However, I am struggling to get an accurate picture on the car financing situation out there. I am looking at buying/leasing a 4wd (Range Rover/Range Rover sport or equivalent) for the missus and kids, and then a sporty run-around for me to get backwards and forwards from work. I have a personal contract hire on an X5 in the UK at the moment, and want to understand if leasing/contract hire is an option in Dubai. Equally, does it make more sense to buy outright, and if so, what sort of interest rate should I expect on a loan? I have looked on the "dubizzle" website and seen what you can pick up second hand, but if someone could give me an accurate steer on prices and the above questions, I would be very grateful.

Thanks all.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Advice

my friend bought a range rover sport for 240,000 dhs yesterday, it is less than a year old. Re the finance you have to get your residency in place first then the dealerships sort it out. I am not sure what the rates are though, probably higher than home.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
my friend bought a range rover sport for 240,000 dhs yesterday, it is less than a year old. Re the finance you have to get your residency in place first then the dealerships sort it out. I am not sure what the rates are though, probably higher than home.
£33K?! Bargain! Do you know which model it was??

Thanks.....
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

safety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fastfunker

Thanks.....
well, the hardest decision you would make is buying a car, why?! cause everything is affordable, first there are no taxes imposed on car export, on the other hand, as long as you are coming then you're better off than home, so cars will appear cheaper here than its home countries!! dont worry, the only thing that you have to arrange is your documents, get your residence visa stamped on your passport first, then driver's license, then off you go! banks finance almost all types of cars, i know one bank that goes up to 6 years of repayment! however the insurance would cost you, some cars are even very difficult to get insurance, Lumina SS, & Altima s 3.5L as they are the most frequently accident involved cars! specially by locals.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.....
not the basic one. Infiniti FX35 - 150,000 dhs. and these are from rip of 4x4 motors. I paid 84k for a brand new SWB Pajero.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Hi,

However, I am struggling to get an accurate picture on the car financing situation out there. I am looking at buying/leasing a 4wd (Range Rover/Range Rover sport or equivalent) for the missus and kids, and then a sporty run-around for me to get backwards and forwards from work.
Thanks all.
Same thinking as me!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:23 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by maranelloman
Same thinking as me!
true, where is the thread you posted about cars, there was loads of info on there.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

true, where is the thread you posted about cars, there was loads of info on there.
Doh. Must have missed that one! Thanks for the replies - which raise another question. What would I expect to pay (roughly) to insure a newish Range Rover/X5 or similar assuming 6 years + no claims??
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

safety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud ofsafety has much to be proud of

Doh. Must have missed that one! Thanks for the replies - which raise another question. What would I expect to pay (roughly) to insure a newish Range Rover/X5 or similar assuming 6 years + no claims??
not sure bout that, but we're talking 4-7% p.a.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by safety
not sure bout that, but we're talking 4-7% p.a.
Of the purchase value?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Of the purchase value?
yes, then following year, if you havent had any accidents, it goes lower a bit, but i am insuring my cars in a different company every year, trying to get the cheapest rates
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

here you go Blue cat.

30K pounds seems to be able to buy a RR Sport 2006 model. Bloody fair price in my books!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460498
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Insurance for an X5 is around 8,000 AED with AXA...it's 30% more expensive if you go through BMW!

MM, xx
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
Insurance for an X5 is around 8,000 AED with AXA...it's 30% more expensive if you go through BMW!

MM, xx
Everything is more expensive if you go direct through BMW!!

Thanks MM. Any ideas on what a monthly lease figure might be on such a car?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:33 pm
Concierge

I thought my insurance was about 4k, will have to ask Atilla

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.