Reload this Page >

Cant sponsor my son? Advice needed

Cant sponsor my son? Advice needed

Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Dawel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cant sponsor my son? Advice needed

Hi All

Im in a bit of a quandry and wanted some guidance/help.

I have just opened up a company that is in the RAK Freezone and well its not been without its problems. Anyway i have just submitted my application for visa which is fine, however, i have hit a stumbling block for sponsoring my 9 year old son.

I have been informed that as a single parent and a woman, i am unable to sponsor him.

I have spoken to the embassy this morning and they have suggested speaking to immigration at RAK - having spoken to them they really are suggesting thats its the case and i cant have my son on my visa.

I dont have a father in the picture (never have) and i havent been married so i would have thought it would have been an easy process but guess not.

I have waffled on a little there but the gist of it is there and i wondered if anyone is able to offer me any sound advise?

All the best

Louise
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cant sponsor my son? Advice needed

First of all I have to say I am surprised you didn't look into this alot more beforehand. My cousin sponsors her daughter but it is different for her as she is divorced and has a letter of no objection from her previous husband. It proves her daughter was conceived in a marriage. I am afraid you may not have the same success, but don't give up, keep at immigration!

the fact you have never been married is what is the problem here, this is an Islamic Country.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:35 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawel View Post
Hi All

Im in a bit of a quandry and wanted some guidance/help.

I have just opened up a company that is in the RAK Freezone and well its not been without its problems. Anyway i have just submitted my application for visa which is fine, however, i have hit a stumbling block for sponsoring my 9 year old son.

I have been informed that as a single parent and a woman, i am unable to sponsor him.

I have spoken to the embassy this morning and they have suggested speaking to immigration at RAK - having spoken to them they really are suggesting thats its the case and i cant have my son on my visa.

I dont have a father in the picture (never have) and i havent been married so i would have thought it would have been an easy process but guess not.

I have waffled on a little there but the gist of it is there and i wondered if anyone is able to offer me any sound advise?

All the best

Louise
I really feel for you and I do not know what to suggest, however I cannot believe you didn't look into this issue, there are loads of posts on this forum regarding single parents and sponsoring. There may well have been some light at the end of the tunnel if you had had least been married and obtained a letter from the boys father but under the circumstances I fear not!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

One solution:

Boarding school in the UK, visit visas for the holidays.

And no, you can't keep him on a visit visa with visa runs to Oman. He cannot register for school in the UAE without a permanent visa.

Last edited by Ethos83; Nov 15th 2009 at 8:05 am.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:31 am
Just Joined

No your right I didn't look into myself but I have paid a solicitor to arrange everything for me (which wasn't cheap)

He knew the brief and at last minute.com decided that its not possible. So a harsh lesson learned.

Hopefully a letter from the British Embassy may be able to sway their decsion otherwise its back to the UK and a hunt for father!

Grrrrr so annoying!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

No your right I didn't look into myself but I have paid a solicitor to arrange everything for me (which wasn't cheap)

He knew the brief and at last minute.com decided that its not possible. So a harsh lesson learned.

Hopefully a letter from the British Embassy may be able to sway their decsion otherwise its back to the UK and a hunt for father!

Grrrrr so annoying!
the British Embassy won't help, trust me. Even a letter from the Father may not help as you never married but it is definately worth a try.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Grrrrr so annoying!
Enough men around RAK who're willing to marry, just need to do some activities with him once in a while
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for your advise - hopefully i will find a route through my problem - i hope it wont come to marriage ha ha, but thanks for the idea!

I will update should i have anything meaningful to the process

best

Louise
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:13 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your advise - hopefully i will find a route through my problem - i hope it wont come to marriage ha ha, but thanks for the idea!

best

Louise
Dont have to have anything meaningful to say to post on here but good luck
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:24 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell View Post
Dont have to have anything meaningful to say to post on here but good luck
You having a dig at me?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

best

Louise
A little wasta might help - particularly in RAK. Are you friendly with any locals?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
You having a dig at me?
No not at all just a meaningless post
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Sorry whats wasta?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Mmmmm is that the same as a back hander? Im open to all options here as i know its done although a simple legal route is what im wishing for hummmh!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry whats wasta?
It's Arabic for "influence" - I'm suggesting that you approach Shiekh Saud's office through a local person to make a special request. Do you have a local sponsor for your business?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.