Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can't afford Abu Dhabi...

Can't afford Abu Dhabi...

Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:08 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't afford Abu Dhabi...

Also, Bob, londonlad ranty man has stopped ranting and appears to have... Well... Made friends with Jesus or something.

Perhaps a miracle is forthcoming.

There may be more life in the old thread yet...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamworld
Not so fast, Bob! I've countered and they have acquiesced. So this post is very much alive. Will provide new and updated figures shortly. Besides, my dear Patsy hasn't accepted my sincere apologies yet. Yoohoo... Patsy, where are you???

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
go on Patsy hun, he's being a good sport
It is the start of my weekend..I was at a party last night I am brunching today and partying tonight and pool party tomorrow..too busy to worry about this thread
Jamworld, not a problem, good luck with whatever you decide...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london_lad
Look at the last post of that forum for my post-negotiation figures. Re the 130 claim, there are other items that I have not disclosed in terms of stock options, etc as I was only looking at the liquid and/or taxable side of things....*sigh*
clownshoe
Old Jun 9th 2012, 11:58 pm
Banned

Jamworld is a jewel in the roughJamworld is a jewel in the roughJamworld is a jewel in the roughJamworld is a jewel in the roughJamworld is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
It is the start of my weekend..I was at a party last night I am brunching today and partying tonight and pool party tomorrow..too busy to worry about this thread
Jamworld, not a problem, good luck with whatever you decide...
Ah there's my girl. Upbeat as ever. Well the numbers they came back with were not much better than the original. So I guess I will be one of the many Engineers who will be turning them down. This has certainly been a lively and interactive thread. Thanks for all the input. And all the best to the whole lot of you, wherever you may be. Cheers!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:34 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I was quoting horizontal distance, not vertical. Obviously given the trajectory of piss it is a lot higher.
with that kind of talent you ought to consider a career in the fire service.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

london_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura about

Ah there's my girl. Upbeat as ever. Well the numbers they came back with were not much better than the original. So I guess I will be one of the many Engineers who will be turning them down. This has certainly been a lively and interactive thread. Thanks for all the input. And all the best to the whole lot of you, wherever you may be. Cheers!
Jamworld, mate best of luck to you. Hope you find something better soon, in Blighty or ME.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:36 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Jamworld, mate best of luck to you. Hope you find something better soon, in Blighty or ME.
Yes agree..you challenged opinions and stood your ground.

All the best.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:19 am
Banned

Jamworld is a jewel in the roughJamworld is a jewel in the roughJamworld is a jewel in the roughJamworld is a jewel in the roughJamworld is a jewel in the rough

Thanks.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by commander
Yes agree..you challenged opinions and stood your ground.

All the best.
Thanks.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:41 pm
Banned

Not to give a jump start to this thread, but am just curious what you all might think about living at Khalifah City A. The rent there for a 2 or 3 bedroom villa ranges from 60K to 90K AED per year. Just would like to know for future references.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to give a jump start to this thread, but am just curious what you all might think about living at Khalifah City A. The rent there for a 2 or 3 bedroom villa ranges from 60K to 90K AED per year. Just would like to know for future references.
hmmmmh it wont be a proper "villa", they will be split, so if you are going down that route make sure you see the proper paperwork from municpality to check owner has the correct permissions to convert.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by busybee2
hmmmmh it wont be a proper "villa", they will be split, so if you are going down that route make sure you see the proper paperwork from municpality to check owner has the correct permissions to convert.
Split? I might be able to live with that if it means spending 70K instead of 140K on a house. Thanks, mate. It makes Abu Dhabi seem way more affordable than originally though. I've been told that grocery for a single guy may be 500 AED a month. Any truth to this?

Last edited by Jamworld; Jun 21st 2012 at 4:22 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Split? I might be able to live with that if it means spending 70K instead of 140K on a house. Thanks, mate. It makes Abu Dhabi seem way more affordable than originally though. I've been told that grocery for a single guy may be 500 AED a month. Any truth to this?
no the point i am making is that "split" villas are illegal. unless you see the proper paperwork from landlord. otherwise you may be kicked out and loose all your money
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by busybee2
no the point i am making is that "split" villas are illegal. unless you see the proper paperwork from landlord. otherwise you may be kicked out and loose all your money
Ah, I see. Alright, that's good to know. If I ever make it there I'll be on the look out for such things.
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, I see. Alright, that's good to know. If I ever make it there I'll be on the look out for such things.
what they do is build one house, then think i can split into smaller units and make more money, but they are not legal, clues are you should have your own water/electric meter and phone connection etc, if rates are included in rent, then its illegal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.