British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Can you recommend a good DXB decorators and also landscapers? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/can-you-recommend-good-dxb-decorators-also-landscapers-483851/)

matthew.lewis2 Sep 27th 2007 9:59 am

Can you recommend a good DXB decorators and also landscapers?

After one year in Arabian Ranches we have decided to move, although I would have loved to sit tight so the landlord could not raise the rent this year, his complete lack of response to any faults and our desire to get something a little bigger triggered a search around for new rental villas.

We are moving on 1st December to Al Warqaa 2. Our new landlord is an absolute gem! He built the property for his father to move into but his Dad declined the offer, so, after sitting empty for two years hoping he would change his mind, he decided to rent it out. The kitchen still has the plastic covers on the cupboards and sink (that said, it may be 15 years old jut like all the cars with shrink wrapped leather seats we see driving around :rofl: )

He has given us free regin to do whatever we want to the property and its massive garden/patio. He has aready given us the keys so we can pop in when we want to!

Anyway, the reason for the post, can anyone recommend a good decorator? My wife wants to change the Magnolia 'colour scheme'.

One of my landscape architects at work is designing the garden for us so if you can recommend a good landscaper that would be ace too.

blokeindubai Sep 27th 2007 10:33 am

Re: Can you recommend a good DXB decorators and also landscapers?

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2 (Post 5359828)
After one year in Arabian Ranches we have decided to move, although I would have loved to sit tight so the landlord could not raise the rent this year, his complete lack of response to any faults and our desire to get something a little bigger triggered a search around for new rental villas.

We are moving on 1st December to Al Warqaa 2. Our new landlord is an absolute gem! He built the property for his father to move into but his Dad declined the offer, so, after sitting empty for two years hoping he would change his mind, he decided to rent it out. The kitchen still has the plastic covers on the cupboards and sink (that said, it may be 15 years old jut like all the cars with shrink wrapped leather seats we see driving around :rofl: )

He has given us free regin to do whatever we want to the property and its massive garden/patio. He has aready given us the keys so we can pop in when we want to!

Anyway, the reason for the post, can anyone recommend a good decorator? My wife wants to change the Magnolia 'colour scheme'.

One of my landscape architects at work is designing the garden for us so if you can recommend a good landscaper that would be ace too.

I can recommend this guy for the garden, he's British, great value and reliable. His name is Andy Boylan and he can be contacted via email on [email protected]

Cham128 Sep 27th 2007 10:58 am

I can definately recommend an really great interior designer... let me know if you need the details and i'll ask her to forward them to me

Meow Sep 27th 2007 11:49 am

Originally Posted by blokeindubai (Post 5359926)
I can recommend this guy for the garden, he's British, great value and reliable. His name is Andy Boylan and he can be contacted via email on [email protected]

Andy is a great guy. He's a good mate of mine & very talented. :thumbsup:

Confucius Sep 27th 2007 11:55 am

There was this female poster on the board who is also a woman, and she did decorations for people's houses...If I'm not mistaken,she only took 50dhs per house...Your's would be a large one,house that is,so chances are you'll get a bargain at say 60-65dhs-ish...
Oh,and she can also provide separate beds for the master and the mistress of the house...Don't ask me why...

matthew.lewis2 Sep 30th 2007 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 5360129)
Andy is a great guy. He's a good mate of mine & very talented. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice, once I have the design completed for the garden I will definately be in touch.