Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can ya just drive in for a look around?

Can ya just drive in for a look around?

Old May 17th 2011, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold
Default Can ya just drive in for a look around?

Hi all....
Husband will be in Abu Dhabi for a day or so this weekend. I suggested that if he have a spare hour or so he have a look around Al Raha Gdns - Once of the places we might think about living IF we decided to make the move. I am wondering if it will be poss for him to do this OR if there is security that might stop him.....

Thanks
Lisa
Old May 18th 2011, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can ya just drive in for a look around?

If the security's anything like the compound I live in (also in Abu Dhabi), if you wave confidently enough as you approach the gate, they'll let anyone in.

I reckon they'd let a gang of gun-toting jihadists hanging out the back of a pick-up truck in if they looked confident enough approaching the gate.

Doesn't answer your question but I'm sure you could blag your way in anyway.
Old May 18th 2011, 4:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leepee
Hi all....
Husband will be in Abu Dhabi for a day or so this weekend. I suggested that if he have a spare hour or so he have a look around Al Raha Gdns - Once of the places we might think about living IF we decided to make the move. I am wondering if it will be poss for him to do this OR if there is security that might stop him.....

Thanks
Lisa
just enquire about availability, if there is stuff empty they will show you
Old May 18th 2011, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Try gate No.9 on the E11 side, the day guard is a friendly sort.
Old May 18th 2011, 12:22 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

wave confidently enough as you approach the gate

We did that when looking around the Springs..

We live there now and the security guard politely waves my husband
in but skowls at me.....)))) women haters ((((

...while on the subject, the electrician was rude to me too, told him off
though ...oh and the gardner only knocks on for a drink of water
when my husband isnt there...

* im rambling, I know *
Old May 18th 2011, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poshy
wave confidently enough as you approach the gate

We did that when looking around the Springs..

We live there now and the security guard politely waves my husband
in but skowls at me.....)))) women haters ((((

...while on the subject, the electrician was rude to me too, told him off
though ...oh and the gardner only knocks on for a drink of water
when my husband isnt there...

* im rambling, I know *
Springs ... Poshy

Millhouse brain does not compute.

Anyway - a positive contribution from me would be: if you see a for rent sign out side just walk it. It'll most likely be open. If there is a shit in the toilet then sorry, I was probably there first.
Old May 18th 2011, 12:29 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

errm The Springs = gated community in Dubai
Old May 19th 2011, 4:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

bollocks, they let anyone in, always have done
Old May 19th 2011, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
bollocks, they let anyone in, always have done
I think she was just explaining what the Springs are - not their record on security.

Also, Poshy, i think Millhouse couldn't reconcile 'posh' with the 'springs'. I've never been so have no idea myself.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Needed a good laugh.

"oh and the gardner only knocks on for a drink of water when my husband isnt there..."

Not too posh either.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by soukie
Needed a good laugh.

"oh and the gardner only knocks on for a drink of water when my husband isnt there..."

Not too posh either.
you would have to pay me to live in the Springs, seriously I hate the place
Old May 19th 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
If the security's anything like the compound I live in (also in Abu Dhabi), if you wave confidently enough as you approach the gate, they'll let anyone in.
yup, I'm in Al Reef and it's the same thing, give them the magic wave and it's all good. I don't understand why they bother with it here, as I don't feel that it is required int he slightest. We had security in Angola and Nigeria, and that was most definitely required!
Old May 19th 2011, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
yup, I'm in Al Reef and it's the same thing, give them the magic wave and it's all good. I don't understand why they bother with it here, as I don't feel that it is required int he slightest. We had security in Angola and Nigeria, and that was most definitely required!
That's what they thought in Riyadh...BEFORE 3 compounds were bombed.
Old May 19th 2011, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
Needed a good laugh.

Not too posh either.
oh too funny, what on earth does "knocks on" mean...i've never even heard that expression before...

MM, xx
Old May 19th 2011, 4:03 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

well well, what a bunch of snobs we have here !!!

Knocking on = tapping on the window to gain ones attention

Irony in my user name, just one that stuck years ago after something I did and was chatting about it on a forum, not Posh a tall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.