Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can someone urgently tell me...

Can someone urgently tell me...

Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:06 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Can someone urgently tell me...

Due to the death of Sheikh Zayed...is there a 3 day mourning period in Dubai? Does this mean that all government and private sector companies are barred from working Wed, Thurs, Fri ?

Any feedback appreciated.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:07 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone urgently tell me...

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Due to the death of Sheikh Zayed...is there a 3 day mourning period in Dubai? Does this mean that all government and private sector companies are barred from working Wed, Thurs, Fri ?

yes

Should be back on Saturday - only minimum manning though probably

TS
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:15 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
yes

Should be back on Saturday - only minimum manning though probably

TS
Thanks TS.

It's just that yesterday, I was told it was 1 day and today I heard it's 3 days ... so was just checking. I guess Dubai must be at a standstill then. Staff went to work but office building security won't let them in...just double checking their story ...ah well!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:18 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks TS.

It's just that yesterday, I was told it was 1 day and today I heard it's 3 days ... so was just checking. I guess Dubai must be at a standstill then. Staff went to work but office building security won't let them in...just double checking their story ...ah well!
They r right - sonds like Big Brother s Watching them :scared:
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Thanks TS.

There seemed plenty of confusion and I think there still is. Some small businesses reassured my husband they will be there today but of course, no one is answering the phone. He is due to fly to Iran on Saturday and couldn't pick up his ticket, so he will just have to turn up at the airport and hope for the best. I called Lamcy Plaza about 20 minutes ago (15.00) and they are 100% sure they are allowed to stay open until midnight. Some say, they are not returning til Sunday to work, others have been told to be back on Saturday.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
They r right - sonds like Big Brother s Watching them :scared:
Heard that the Oasis Centre was open earlier on today but the police came along & told them to close.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Heard that the Oasis Centre was open earlier on today but the police came along & told them to close.
Officially I think 3 days starting yesterday, so things should be back to normal-ish on Saturday.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Elles is on a distinguished road

CP - private sector closed for 3 days.....government offices are closed for 8 days. All schools closed until 20th Nov
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:24 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Are you back for a look see? How you doing, hope everything is ok!

M x
Old Nov 4th 2004, 12:14 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome back CP!!!

Yep, tis true.........ALL banks will be closed till Sunday.......ALL educational institutions must remain shut for atleast 8 days......the lucky ones get 17 days....LOL.......I go back on the 16th not the 20th!!!! And then I have a 6 day week till the 9th of Dec when tewrm ends instead of my luxurious 3 day weekend that I have had for 4 years!
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

[QUOTE=Face81]Welcome back CP!!!

Yep, tis true.........ALL banks will be closed till Sunday.......ALL educational institutions must remain shut for atleast 8 days......the lucky ones get 17 days....LOL.......I go back on the 16th not the 20th!!!! And then I have a 6 day week till the 9th of Dec when tewrm ends instead of my luxurious 3 day weekend that I have had for 4 years!
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :QUOTE]
I assume that private bussinesses will be be open till 17th? cause thats when I am there
Khan
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:49 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Calgarian]
Originally Posted by Face81
I assume that private bussinesses will be be open till 17th? cause thats when I am there
Khan
private might be open....... the statement said that everything would be closed from the 11th to the 19th for the eid holiday......... so its up in the air really..... we shud know more closer to the day.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Calgarian]
Welcome back CP!!!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :QUOTE]
Khan
Heard today that Shell are back to "business as usual" on Saturday so I would expect most multinationals to be the same. DOn't know about locally run companies though.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:58 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Heard today that Shell are back to "business as usual" on Saturday so I would expect most multinationals to be the same. DOn't know about locally run companies though.
Might be true....... though I know for a fact that ALL banks will only reopen on Sunday.......... very confusing with all these different closure periods for different sectors!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

private might be open....... the statement said that everything would be closed from the 11th to the 19th for the eid holiday......... so its up in the air really..... we shud know more closer to the day.
I think thats means that I will have 3 days of doing nothing but relaxing...cool.
We will be meeting on 18th...right Face?

Khan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.