Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

can my girlfriend ann daughter live with me in dubai as we are not married?????

can my girlfriend ann daughter live with me in dubai as we are not married?????

Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

frenche is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can my girlfriend ann daughter live with me in dubai as we are not married?????

Thanks alot
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

boochie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can my girlfriend ann daughter live with me in dubai as we are not married?????

Lobby Lou, would you mind passing the number for the sharia wedding organiser on please. I know a couple who are coming out and need to get married.
Cheers
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:35 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boochie
Lobby Lou, would you mind passing the number for the sharia wedding organiser on please. I know a couple who are coming out and need to get married.
Cheers

Belgium or Canada might be a better option............
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:22 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Belgium or Canada might be a better option............
Holland is nice as well...
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boochie
Cheers
would recommend doing it in Sri Lanka.
you only have to be there 4 days before the wedding.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:10 am
Just Joined

samstuart75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lobby lou
yes its illegal ,but u could have a sharia wedding here which is legal here ...but no where else if its not registared.....and no u dont have to be muslim .....
Hi i was wondering if you would be able to email the number and name of the guy who you know does the sharia weddings as im interested in this... As im in dubai with partner and getting my son to school is a nightmere. my son is not my partners would that cause a problem??? [email protected]
thanks
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lobby lou
yes its illegal ,but u could have a sharia wedding here which is legal here ...but no where else if its not registared.....and no u dont have to be muslim .....
please could you give me more infor on this
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:50 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
By sharia (sic) I presume you mean an Islamic wedding. If you are not a muslim you cannot get married anywhere in the UAE except a christian/other religious church - no court, no mosque and no municipality office can marry you. In extreme circumstances your embassy may assist but only in extremis. There is no such thing as a civil ceremony. You can wed in the church and not register the marriage with your embassy - the legalities of this I will not comment on.
CH
I know of three couples who are all expatriate non-muslims who managed to get married under sharia law here. It's possible, legal (but only valid here and in some other islamic countries) and a huge pain in the rear to do unless you know an influential local.

On the plus side you would not be subject to the ridiculous divorce laws of the UK and other countries and get shafted left right and sideways should you decide to split up at a later stage in life.

N.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I know of three couples who are all expatriate non-muslims who managed to get married under sharia law here. It's possible, legal (but only valid here and in some other islamic countries) and a huge pain in the rear to do unless you know an influential local.

On the plus side you would not be subject to the ridiculous divorce laws of the UK and other countries and get shafted left right and sideways should you decide to split up at a later stage in life.

N.
Yeah, you just tell the woman that you want to divorse her 3 times and your done with it
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
Do you know what documents i will need to have ??? and how long does it take???

Thanks for your help on this
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:18 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
Yeah, you just tell the woman that you want to divorse her 3 times and your done with it
Why would you want to divorce someone 3 times?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Roadking
Didnt need help with getting divorced....... wanted more help with sharia wedding from norm-uk
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:46 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samstuart75
Didnt need help with getting divorced....... wanted more help with sharia wedding from norm-uk
I wasn't referring to your post
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't referring to your post
Its was more a bit of mockery then it is the real deal these days; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talaq_%28Nikah%29
Old Oct 15th 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Dude in Islamic (Sharia) law the husband has to pronounce 'thaalak thaalak thaalak' (divorce, divorce, divorce) three times and the deed is done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.