Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can I work in Saudi

Can I work in Saudi

Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:16 am
expatmamma

Default Can I work in Saudi

We are moving to Saudi in October and I was wondering if I will be able to work when I am there? I presently work as a TA in a school in Qatar and would hopefully like to find similar work in Saudi. Any thoughts greatly received.

Thanks

Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can I work in Saudi

we knew quite a few mums/wives that worked in the schools in Saudi, so you probably wont have any problems on that score.

where are you headed? If its Al khobar, there is the British International school of Al Khobar on the Al Bustan group of compounds (the embassy/consulate thingy is there too), Dhahran British Grammar School which is on the same building group as the American School

Good luck with the move and dont forget your abaya......lol
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Miss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to allMiss DD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mellie66
Good luck with the move and dont forget your abaya......lol
Sorry, this is a complete thread hijack , but talking of abayas....... When I flew to the UK the other week, there was a lady in front of me in the passport queue who was completely covered. She didn't have to show her face or anything, so I wondered how do they check who is who - and what do they have as their passport photo, is that covered too??
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

if its like the bahrain causeway, they will have a ladies section where they should have female customs people. I think they go in, lift the abaya, show em the passport etc.

someone correct me if Im wrong