British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Can I use BUPA for my Saudi medical? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/can-i-use-bupa-my-saudi-medical-878694/)

Xena_786 Jun 10th 2016 6:18 pm

Can I use BUPA for my Saudi medical?

Hi,

In the process of getting my residency visa for Saudi and wanted to know if I can do my medical with BUPA?

I know of the Harley Street Clinics n London but they are too far away for me.

Does any one have any advice or wish to share their own experience in regards to the whole residency visa process? Your input would be warmly welcomed!

Thanks!

nottmbantam Jun 11th 2016 8:04 am

Re: Can I use BUPA for my Saudi medical?

Originally Posted by Xena_786 (Post 11970210)
Hi,

In the process of getting my residency visa for Saudi and wanted to know if I can do my medical with BUPA?

I know of the Harley Street Clinics n London but they are too far away for me.

Does any one have any advice or wish to share their own experience in regards to the whole residency visa process? Your input would be warmly welcomed!

Thanks!

Don't know if BUPA will cover the medical as part of your insurance, but they are plenty of places who can do your Visa for you, including your local GP. They will of course all charge different fees.

However, I have used Harley Medical and Visa Services a few times now, and they have been superb from start to finish. They will carry out the medical, and more importantly, also have this attested by the Saudi Embassy and also process your visa - it's a complete service. You would only need to attend the medical - everything else can be done by correspondence.

Xena_786 Jun 11th 2016 12:14 pm

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

After doing some more research, it does seem Harley is the most convenient option.

Will try my GP as well, but I'm assuming that will be a much longer process..?

nottmbantam Jun 11th 2016 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Xena_786 (Post 11970664)
Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

After doing some more research, it does seem Harley is the most convenient option.

Will try my GP as well, but I'm assuming that will be a much longer process..?

Generally speaking - yes. They will take days to process the medical itself, then you will need it attesting at the Embassy. The only upside is that they will be cheaper than Harley and may even do it FOC.

Good Luck.

Xena_786 Jun 11th 2016 3:56 pm

Okay, worth a visit to the GP...if only to avoid a long trip to London!

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me :)