British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Can I sell my cars during my 30-day cancelled visa grace period? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/can-i-sell-my-cars-during-my-30-day-cancelled-visa-grace-period-867061/)

Eeyore Oct 25th 2015 1:03 pm

Can I sell my cars during my 30-day cancelled visa grace period?

After 10 years I'm finally escaping the sandpit, and I have two cars to get rid of. Does anybody know if I can sell them during the 30-day grace period after my visa has been cancelled, or do I have to do it before the company cancels it?

Eeyore Oct 28th 2015 5:23 am

Re: Can I sell my cars during my 30-day cancelled visa grace period?

Just FWIW, the RTA has confirmed that I can sell my cars during the grace period. Selling cars only requires some form of ID to confirm that you're the legal owner, it doesn't require a valid residence visa.

mentalist Oct 28th 2015 7:31 am

On a similar visa cancellation theme, does the company have to provide evidence that they have paid your End of Service benefits before the visa is cancelled or just provide a statement saying it is being paid?

Meow Oct 28th 2015 7:44 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 11781167)
On a similar visa cancellation theme, does the company have to provide evidence that they have paid your End of Service benefits before the visa is cancelled or just provide a statement saying it is being paid?

They ought to have settled everything in full so you sign to confirm that is the case but it seems the MoL isn't very strict in checking.

mikewot Oct 28th 2015 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11781175)
They ought to have settled everything in full so you sign to confirm that is the case but it seems the MoL isn't very strict in checking.

I been told by my company that when I leave I have to go to DAFZA to sign and say that they have paid me my EOS, only then will they cancel the visa.

Meow Oct 28th 2015 10:57 am

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11781225)
I been told by my company that when I leave I have to go to DAFZA to sign and say that they have paid me my EOS, only then will they cancel the visa.

Sadly there are many employers who force staff to sign an agreement with a promise to pay and then don't pay up as that isn't followed up by MoL unless a case is lodged but that's tricky if someone has already signed.

The laws are designed to protect employees but still require more enforcement.

mikewot Oct 28th 2015 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11781255)
Sadly there are many employers who force staff to sign an agreement with a promise to pay and then don't pay up as that isn't followed up by MoL unless a case is lodged but that's tricky if someone has already signed.

Can only repeat what I was told, have to go to the Free Zone office and sign in front of them to say I had my EOS. Only then will they cancel the visa.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 29th 2015 5:13 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 11781167)

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11781268)
Can only repeat what I was told, have to go to the Free Zone office and sign in front of them to say I had my EOS. Only then will they cancel the visa.

I'm in an interesting one at the moment.

Just signed for EOS benefit and final settlement that I won't be getting. Is being transferred to parent company where my new visa will be issued. They will then take on the accrued EOS and my employment will just continue but under a different company name visa.

Now, I've signed the letter but still haven't had the parent co letter to explain the continuous service for EOS reasons etc.

It's one of those horrid trust exercises I feel but will certainly be chasing for the new letter today.

Meow Oct 29th 2015 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11781855)
I'm in an interesting one at the moment.

Just signed for EOS benefit and final settlement that I won't be getting. Is being transferred to parent company where my new visa will be issued. They will then take on the accrued EOS and my employment will just continue but under a different company name visa.

Now, I've signed the letter but still haven't had the parent co letter to explain the continuous service for EOS reasons etc.

It's one of those horrid trust exercises I feel but will certainly be chasing for the new letter today.

If your employer is taken over then you should have continuous employment. They also cannot alter your contract terms without your agreement for six months.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 1st 2015 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11781982)
If your employer is taken over then you should have continuous employment. They also cannot alter your contract terms without your agreement for six months.

It's far more complicated than that I think. I shall not bore you with the details unless I need your advice (payment in booze).

letree Nov 8th 2015 7:16 pm

hi I am actually looking to buy a car seems difficult to find a reliable seller after searching for sometime in dubizzle. maybe We can make a deal here … can you let me know the car you want sell … I work in DAFZA😀