Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can I just say how awful Doha is?

Can I just say how awful Doha is?

Old Aug 15th 2004, 5:13 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I just say how awful Doha is?

I worked there for 6 months and I have to say it is the 'armpit' of the universe.

Probably the worst place to 'live' between here and your grave.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I just say how awful Doha is?

[I only spent a couple of hours in the airport that was pretty bad
juliet
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:53 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The Don
I worked there for 6 months and I have to say it is the 'armpit' of the universe.

Probably the worst place to 'live' between here and your grave.
Hey not fair.
It's a great place for a kid to grow up in. I mean I turned out alright didn't I?
I did didn't I? did I?
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:25 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Hey not fair.
It's a great place for a kid to grow up in. I mean I turned out alright didn't I?
I did didn't I? did I?
I agree with u. Been here for 3 yrs. So far so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Captainbluebell is an unknown quantity at this point

Whata load of rubbish from someone who is obviously a wimp, you want to try Saudi rabai for a change. I and my family lived in Doha for 11 years, my kids grew up there and it was great.

Anybody else who says otherwise is a winger and would say the same about paradies.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:56 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captainbluebell
Whata load of rubbish from someone who is obviously a wimp, you want to try Saudi rabai for a change. I and my family lived in Doha for 11 years, my kids grew up there and it was great.

Anybody else who says otherwise is a winger and would say the same about paradies.
Yup!!! Agree with u. I am very happy here in Doha. Nice for family life and nice for socialize with other ladies... and also families with kids
Old Aug 26th 2004, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Tamarix is an unknown quantity at this point

But if we're honest, it is a bit dead.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 12:49 am
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

A teacher at my school lived in Doha for a few years. He loved it. I've never been though, so I can't comment.

-Becs