British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Can I get a visa on arrival to Beirut airport? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/can-i-get-visa-arrival-beirut-airport-604998/)

julianm Apr 23rd 2009 1:50 am

Can I get a visa on arrival to Beirut airport?

Hi all,

Can anyone with recent experience confirm whether an entry visa is granted on arrival (I'm a UK passport holder)?

Many thanks,
Julian

Spugsy Apr 23rd 2009 5:32 am

Re: Can I get a visa on arrival to Beirut airport?

Originally Posted by julianm (Post 7505557)
Hi all,

Can anyone with recent experience confirm whether an entry visa is granted on arrival (I'm a UK passport holder)?

Many thanks,
Julian

I don't think you need one mate, I was there a few months ago and we just filled in a landing card and told then who we were, where we were staying etc.

I think if you have a UK passport you'll be fine.

heartofdarkness Apr 23rd 2009 10:27 am

You can just pay a few dinars for a two weeker I believe when you go thru immagration

julianm Apr 23rd 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks for replies:thumbup:

Confucius Apr 23rd 2009 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7505905)
I don't think you need one mate, I was there a few months ago and we just filled in a landing card and told then who we were, where we were staying etc.

I think if you have a UK passport you'll be fine.

They give us the same treatment when we decide to go to the UK...

Cham128 Apr 23rd 2009 10:27 pm

its a weird one because the english guy who was sitting next to me on the plane ended up having to pay for a visa when he got there, they let me through without paying

Confucius Apr 25th 2009 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 7508799)
its a weird one because the english guy who was sitting next to me on the plane ended up having to pay for a visa when he got there, they let me through without paying

Maybe you looked like a terrorist so they let you in no-questions-asked...

CeeBee Apr 25th 2009 10:09 am

Originally Posted by julianm (Post 7505557)
Hi all,

Many thanks,
Julian

Just thought I'd hi-jack this a little. What's it like in June in Beirut anyone?

julianm May 8th 2009 2:08 pm

After completion of my trip to Beirut airport, I can confirm that UK passport holders do not need to pay for an entry visa.

As for Lebanon itself, what an amazing country!:thumbup:

Cham128 May 8th 2009 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by julianm (Post 7552942)
After completion of my trip to Beirut airport, I can confirm that UK passport holders do not need to pay for an entry visa.

As for Lebanon itself, what an amazing country!:thumbup:

well... it depends... if they think you're gorgeous enough they let you in for free... if you're Confucius they make you pay for the privilege.

Cee Bee, it's great in June weather's perfect, people are usually enjoying themselves... one point of advice though is that there is an election first week of june so it may be worth putting your trip off until the end