Can I Do This??

Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

WaqasKhawaja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I Do This??

Silly question and I probably know the answer to this anyway, but can I negotiate with my wife's prospective employer??

She is not that confident in negotiation...

Has anyone come across this situation or can give me some advice??

thanks
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can I Do This??

Originally Posted by WaqasKhawaja
Silly question and I probably know the answer to this anyway, but can I negotiate with my wife's prospective employer??

She is not that confident in negotiation...

Has anyone come across this situation or can give me some advice??

thanks
If I was an employer and a prospective employee had their husband involved in negotiations, I wouldn't employ that person as alarm bells would be ringing that the husband would be getting involved too much. They are employing your wife not you. If she's big enough to be employed, she's big enough to speak for herself.

Just my humble opinion of course.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

WaqasKhawaja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
If I was an employer and a prospective employee had their husband involved in negotiations, I wouldn't employ that person as alarm bells would be ringing that the husband would be getting involved too much. They are employing your wife not you. If she's big enough to be employed, she's big enough to speak for herself.

Just my humble opinion of course.
thank you Mindy - kind of answered my question there as that was what I was thinking...She just hasn't been exposed to this in her life so thinks it wrong...

Thank you

Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:51 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

if one of my potential employees wife called me to talk about negotiations i wouldnt employ them in a thousand years...

could you imagine it??

'shall we make this aquisition?'

'hang on, let me see what my wife thinks....'