Can i ask ...

Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:55 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Can i ask ...

What is the running cost for 3 bedroom semi house in the UK? Let's say in the major city like Aberdeen, Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Can you pls breakdown the expenses like Council Tax, water, electric, etc etc. Anything that you can think off?

Thanks again.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:11 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can i ask ...

Originally Posted by novita77
What is the running cost for 3 bedroom semi house in the UK? Let's say in the major city like Aberdeen, Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Can you pls breakdown the expenses like Council Tax, water, electric, etc etc. Anything that you can think off?

Thanks again.
there a huge difference in cost between aberdeen and glasgow/edinburgh in that aberdeens cheaper cos its a hell hole ( not quite true but 9 mths of winter with 3hrs of daylight can get to you)

http://www.sspc.co.uk/
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:19 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
there a huge difference in cost between aberdeen and glasgow/edinburgh in that aberdeens cheaper cos its a hell hole ( not quite true but 9 mths of winter with 3hrs of daylight can get to you)

Hi Shiva, very usefull link. Thank you
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:22 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

might be worth having an ask in the moving back to UK forum
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:28 am
semarang

Originally Posted by Bob
might be worth having an ask in the moving back to UK forum
will do Bob ... thanks .
Old Jun 21st 2007, 4:59 am
W10

Of those places, only Edinburgh is really worth investing in.

Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:22 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Of those places, only Edinburgh is really worth investing in.
hmmm.... still - not so sure anymore... you'll find something in each city.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva

but when it's nice, it's VERY nice

saw dolphins at the beach in Aberdeen in April once... you don't get that in Glasgow or even in London (though i hear you get a whale now and then)
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:25 am
W10

Returns in Aberdeen aren't worth it - rentals are surprisingly low for a town full of expats.

Glasgow is an ok bet but a lot depends on whether you are in it to make income on the rental or see it as a long term prospect (bear in mind house prices may fall in the next two years because of rate rises - another one coming next month for sure)

Edinburgh is the safest bet, with the strongest growth, investment etc but lots more competition there! Get yourself a nice place in Morningside and you'll be sorted. Or somewhere near a university.

Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:36 am
semarang

Originally Posted by W10
Returns in Aberdeen aren't worth it - rentals are surprisingly low for a town full of expats.

Glasgow is an ok bet but a lot depends on whether you are in it to make income on the rental or see it as a long term prospect (bear in mind house prices may fall in the next two years because of rate rises - another one coming next month for sure)

Edinburgh is the safest bet, with the strongest growth, investment etc but lots more competition there! Get yourself a nice place in Morningside and you'll be sorted. Or somewhere near a university.
we weren't thinking of buying, we thinking of renting. So if the rent is low probably is not a bad idea.

Still wondering about the living cost though. My DH said he lost touch with UK prices ... he been living abroad for more than 15 yrs now.

And taxes (40 percents) also putting us off.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:45 am
W10

In that case.

Aberdeen will be the cheapest, a lot lot cheaper than Edinburgh.

Edinburgh is the nicest but the problem with living in a pleasant, developed city is that it comes with city prices.

Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:47 am
semarang

Originally Posted by W10
In that case.

Aberdeen will be the cheapest, a lot lot cheaper than Edinburgh.

Edinburgh is the nicest but the problem with living in a pleasant, developed city is that it comes with city prices.
I like the 'cheapest' idea. Thanks W10
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:01 am
W10

Seems like I am equally out of touch with the property market in Scotland!!!!!!!

According to my Teuchter (erm...I mean Aberdonian colleague) you can rent a 3 bed place for about Dh7,000 a month - and of course you can pay monthly.

Somewhere nice and central in Edinburgh (morningside) would cost you around the same.

Who the hell would choose to live in Aberdeen over Edinburgh??

Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I got a load of friends here from Aberdeen - oil folk - not the Dynasty type though! even they don't want to go back to Aberdeen!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:28 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
will do Bob ... thanks .

When are you thinking of coming to the uk? Why Scotland, as much as its a beautiful place there are cheaper places around - just got to look, TS works away to avoid the uk tax and its working very nicely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.