Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cable Television Packages AD

Cable Television Packages AD

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

markhighpeak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cable Television Packages AD

I've just had e-vision installed at my place, and boy, I can't believe how bad it is. Back home I had Sky and found it easy to navigate around to find program listings as well as some short information describing what the program was about, but this e-vision is useless.

You have to keep scrolling through to find a channel that might have something decent on, only to find that it gives no description of the name of the programme currently showing or what it is about. I don't actually watch a great deal of TV, but do like to watch films, and this system seems very poor in realtion to the system back home.

Can somoene please point me in the right direction, in how to operate this system, or is it a case of it being that bad in the first place?

Also, which papers/magazines will give you some idea of what is on TV, I buy The National everyday, but the TV guide at the back is wrong with the description and the timings most of the time. The other night I wanted to watch Vanilla Sky, it said it came on at 10.00pm, so over I flick only to find adverts for over 40 minutes, I gave up and went on the net.

Any help is appreciated.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:55 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cable Television Packages AD

Are you in al raha gardens per chance?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markhighpeak
I've just had e-vision installed at my place, and boy, I can't believe how bad it is. Back home I had Sky and found it easy to navigate around to find program listings as well as some short information describing what the program was about, but this e-vision is useless.

You have to keep scrolling through to find a channel that might have something decent on, only to find that it gives no description of the name of the programme currently showing or what it is about. I don't actually watch a great deal of TV, but do like to watch films, and this system seems very poor in realtion to the system back home.

Can somoene please point me in the right direction, in how to operate this system, or is it a case of it being that bad in the first place?

Also, which papers/magazines will give you some idea of what is on TV, I buy The National everyday, but the TV guide at the back is wrong with the description and the timings most of the time. The other night I wanted to watch Vanilla Sky, it said it came on at 10.00pm, so over I flick only to find adverts for over 40 minutes, I gave up and went on the net.

Any help is appreciated.
lol, e vision is crap and worse than crap, they constantly repeat the films, up to 5 or 6 times.

Try and find a decent DVD rental place, if you are in AD i can give you a number that delivers new release DVD's.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:13 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Evision is quite easy but frustrating.

You can easily set up your own favourites.

However, they are saved by channel number I.e BBC Prime is 422. Then suddenly they add another channel and BBC Prime is now 423 but your favourite is now whatever is now on 422 which, more than likely will be arabic crap.

This prob doesn't make any sense. Bit like evision.

Reason I asked about ARG is that my evison there used to freeze all the time and I had to remove power from the 'switch' in my garage.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, I'm in ARG, I just can't get my head around how bad it is. Are all the other packages the same, ie very poor to operate?

All I want is to zap through quickly see what programme is on and watch it if I like it. Now you wouldn't have thought that was too hard for a supposed up and coming city like AD.

It seems as though this place is all glitz, but it is just covering a big pile of manure, nothing really works.

Ah well, I decided to come here, so I had better get used to it, but it is annoying :curse:
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annacarna
lol, e vision is crap and worse than crap, they constantly repeat the films, up to 5 or 6 times.

Try and find a decent DVD rental place, if you are in AD i can give you a number that delivers new release DVD's.
Please send me the details of the delivery company, before I smash up this e-vision box
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:34 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I'm in ARG, I just can't get my head around how bad it is. Are all the other packages the same, ie very poor to operate?

All I want is to zap through quickly see what programme is on and watch it if I like it. Now you wouldn't have thought that was too hard for a supposed up and coming city like AD.

It seems as though this place is all glitz, but it is just covering a big pile of manure, nothing really works.

Ah well, I decided to come here, so I had better get used to it, but it is annoying :curse:
Walk to the Golf Club, have an XO and go googly eyed on the big screens.....
There's always a way.

Last edited by Eva; Dec 22nd 2008 at 4:35 pm. Reason: to put an n on the a b4 xo-doesn't look right-I know its not but its reads right,right?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:37 pm
banned

If I remember correctly, evision is your only option as dishes are banned (may be incorrect)

Try and set up your favourites and take it from these.

I used to have

*sports
*movies
*news

Etc etc
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

dishes are banned (alledgly) but when i drive past them there defo are some up there, I can see them, it depends if you can sneak them in. wink wink. evision is rubbish, if you are a sports fan then as has been said walk to the golf club look at their big screens, and what system do they have, oh is from the country a lot further south of here, thats not allowed
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:09 pm
banned

Its quite a bloody walk to the golf club if you are in phase one.

The tv channels they are refering to no doubt is the SA MNET channels that you can easily get. It provides supersports.

Right enough, my neighbour at No 52 I think has about 4 dishes up. You can see them from the KCA side, its the house near the Al Raha international school. They own the house (locals) so they get away with it
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
dishes are banned (alledgly) but when i drive past them there defo are some up there, I can see them, it depends if you can sneak them in. wink wink. evision is rubbish, if you are a sports fan then as has been said walk to the golf club look at their big screens, and what system do they have, oh is from the country a lot further south of here, thats not allowed

Hahahahahahahhha- and once you sneak them in, do they become invisible?
Or does that only happen when you sit them on the roof?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:11 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by commander

The tv channels they are refering to no doubt is the SA MNET channels that you can easily get. It provides supersports.

Right enough, my neighbour at No 52 I think has about 4 dishes up. You can see them from the KCA side, its the house near the Al Raha international school. They own the house (locals) so they get away with it
Do the honourable thing then and lend Mark one of your bikes,tis the season of goodwill after all.Don't part with your pink lycra though..........
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Please send me the details of the delivery company, before I smash up this e-vision box
lol , sorry didn't realise you were out in Raha, the company is in AD city.

There must be some decent DVD places out r way tho

Love actually is on MBC 4 on thursday evening?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:22 pm
banned

Drunk driving on a bike is equally dangerous. I could not poss condone it.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

yeh that may be the house, right on the end, it was up close to the school if i remember rightly. i am sure that others will have dishes up somebody i know that lives there, said 'they would have no probs getting around' the limited contractors thing etc. the prob with the 'illegal' one is its a very large dish, a little difficult to hide unless you are harry potter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.