Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

buying a share in a horse

buying a share in a horse

Old May 29th 2007, 12:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying a share in a horse

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
that one's only running in the UK though, non? i want one i can see here...

MM, xx
it might be running here though, they are waiting to find out, if not I will go for Jaad. Infact I am going to email her now and tell her to keep me a share in Jaad! decision made!
Old May 29th 2007, 12:16 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Last race season some of my friends bought small shares in horses that were racing in the winter season at Nad, I am going to do the same this year. It sounds like good fun, as you have a share in the horse you are entitled into the owner's section where there is complimentary food etc. You can get to meet the jockeys and the trainers, and of course see 'your' horse race. At the end of the season there is a dividend paid out of the horses winning so if the horse you have picked has had a good season then you could win back your initial investment. Anyone else interested????
If it was for a very small outlay then it could be worth it and a bit of fun. I know some people that have shares in horses and it has cost them dearly!
Old May 29th 2007, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
think of the free food and drinks....and the oh never mind
it's the never mind part i'm interested in...

MM, xx
Old May 29th 2007, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

it might be running here though, they are waiting to find out, if not I will go for Jaad. Infact I am going to email her now and tell her to keep me a share in Jaad! decision made!
yeah, Jaad looked quite cool - but i thought he was only platimun package. I left my brochure but seem the remember we dismissed him as it was mega pricey...let me know if that's not the case.

MM, xx
Old May 29th 2007, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
If it was for a very small outlay then it could be worth it and a bit of fun. I know some people that have shares in horses and it has cost them dearly!
Jaad - 1450 dhs that is all you pay - you are leasing it not owning it if that makes sense? you are not responsible for any other things like vets bills etc. I am going to arrange a meeting for us to go along and speak to them if anyone is interested PM me and I will keep a list. I thought it would be a good night out every Thursday and a good way to see each other on a regular basis too!
Old May 29th 2007, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jaad - 1450 dhs that is all you pay - you are leasing it not owning it if that makes sense? you are not responsible for any other things like vets bills etc. I am going to arrange a meeting for us to go along and speak to them if anyone is interested PM me and I will keep a list. I thought it would be a good night out every Thursday and a good way to see each other on a regular basis too!
BC, I'm there every thursday anyway...lol

MM, xx
Old May 29th 2007, 12:22 pm
Concierge

yeah, Jaad looked quite cool - but i thought he was only platimun package. I left my brochure but seem the remember we dismissed him as it was mega pricey...let me know if that's not the case.

MM, xx
I got brochure here - jaad - bronze package 1450 dhs.

Evil Knieval did well last year - this year he is 2200 dhs - if you shared that with a friend it would only be 1100 each. Spread over the season that is less than paying to get in for the race nights surely??? I never been so don't really know!!!
Old May 29th 2007, 12:22 pm
Concierge

BC, I'm there every thursday anyway...lol

MM, xx
so in that case I will see more of you then!!!!
Old May 29th 2007, 12:23 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

That is good. It has been a very long day today so brain not functioning 100%! Love the races. I go along with a gang quite a bit ... although I am not the party animal that MM is!
Old May 29th 2007, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I got brochure here - jaad - bronze package 1450 dhs.

Evil Knieval did well last year - this year he is 2200 dhs - if you shared that with a friend it would only be 1100 each. Spread over the season that is less than paying to get in for the race nights surely??? I never been so don't really know!!!
you sure there isn't something in the blurb saying only platinum available...not in the table. Otherwise, i'm thinking of the wrong horse!

MM, xx
Old May 29th 2007, 12:25 pm
Concierge

That is good. It has been a very long day today so brain not functioning 100%! Love the races. I go along with a gang quite a bit ... although I am not the party animal that MM is!
me neither, I don't even drink
Old May 29th 2007, 12:25 pm
Pog mo thoin

me neither, I don't even drink
Likewise
Old May 29th 2007, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

although I am not the party animal that MM is!
my problem is i have no willpower...i was going to stay in tonight for my first night in 2 weeks, and i have just been talked into another night out

MM, xx
Old May 29th 2007, 12:29 pm
Pog mo thoin

my problem is i have no willpower...i was going to stay in tonight for my first night in 2 weeks, and i have just been talked into another night out

MM, xx
My energy is usually sucked out of me at work
Old May 29th 2007, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My energy is usually sucked out of me at work
try having 2 young kids...then you will know what having the life and energy sucked out of you is all about. I'll swap you for a day...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.