Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

buying a share in a horse

buying a share in a horse

Old May 29th 2007, 11:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default buying a share in a horse

Last race season some of my friends bought small shares in horses that were racing in the winter season at Nad, I am going to do the same this year. It sounds like good fun, as you have a share in the horse you are entitled into the owner's section where there is complimentary food etc. You can get to meet the jockeys and the trainers, and of course see 'your' horse race. At the end of the season there is a dividend paid out of the horses winning so if the horse you have picked has had a good season then you could win back your initial investment. Anyone else interested????
Old May 29th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of
Default Re: buying a share in a horse

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Last race season some of my friends bought small shares in horses that were racing in the winter season at Nad, I am going to do the same this year. It sounds like good fun, as you have a share in the horse you are entitled into the owner's section where there is complimentary food etc. You can get to meet the jockeys and the trainers, and of course see 'your' horse race. At the end of the season there is a dividend paid out of the horses winning so if the horse you have picked has had a good season then you could win back your initial investment. Anyone else interested????
me interested
Old May 29th 2007, 11:29 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

how much?
Old May 29th 2007, 11:30 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

and do you get to chose which part of the horse...
Old May 29th 2007, 11:40 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
and do you get to chose which part of the horse...
sometimes you scare me MH...
Old May 29th 2007, 11:41 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
sometimes you scare me MH...
only sometimes...
Old May 29th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

SAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud ofSAMS has much to be proud of

only sometimes...
Thats good, Scary means yoo have alot of dept
Old May 29th 2007, 11:53 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by SAMS
Thats good, Scary means yoo have alot of dept
haha
Old May 29th 2007, 12:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

the prices vary from horse to horse -the one I am interested in is 1440 dhs or there abouts - must some of the better horses cost more obviously, I am going to try and arrange a meeting with my friend who runs the whole thing so we can ask questions and decide which ones to 'invest' in. You could even go 50/50 and share a share if that makes sense!!!

www.emiratesentertainment.com

Old May 29th 2007, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

might be...

MM, xx
Old May 29th 2007, 12:11 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
might be...

MM, xx
think of the free food and drinks....and the oh never mind
Old May 29th 2007, 12:12 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing you didn't watch Emmerdale last night then.

Horses are bad news, unless you own a dog-food factory.
Old May 29th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

the prices vary from horse to horse -the one I am interested in is 1440 dhs or there abouts - must some of the better horses cost more obviously, I am going to try and arrange a meeting with my friend who runs the whole thing so we can ask questions and decide which ones to 'invest' in. You could even go 50/50 and share a share if that makes sense!!!

www.emiratesentertainment.com

makes sense
Old May 29th 2007, 12:14 pm
Concierge

think of the free food and drinks....and the oh never mind
only food MH, NL - they actually owned that horse not a little share of it, being a share holder you don't have to pay anything extra - just gain extra if it wins, I am going to get a share in SAND CAT!! If there are any left!!!
Old May 29th 2007, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

only food MH, NL - they actually owned that horse not a little share of it, being a share holder you don't have to pay anything extra - just gain extra if it wins, I am going to get a share in SAND CAT!! If there are any left!!!
that one's only running in the UK though, non? i want one i can see here...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.