Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Buying a second hand car

Buying a second hand car

Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying a second hand car

Is it true that the Vehicle Registration place needs a letter from the bank saying that the previous owner has paid off the vehicle finance before that vehicle can be sold.

If that's the case I have to pay the guy before I buy the car...wait for the loan to be paid off and the bank to make the letter before I can proceed with the purchase.

Potentially the guy could do a runner with my dosh.

No one asked me for any letter when I sold my last vehicle.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:02 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a second hand car

AFAIK, if a car has finance owing on it, the vehicle registration place won't allow a transfer of ownership without a no-objection certificate from the finance company. All this means is that the seller has to inform the finance company that he's selling the car, he gets the NOC, sells the car and does the transfer, and then pays the finance company afterwards.

Last edited by Eeyore; Nov 1st 2006 at 3:06 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 2:21 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add to gareths comments

If you have a loan this is indicted in Arabic on your registration card. Only then is a letter required.

You bought your last jeep cash and so the reg card had you as owner - so no letter

What r u buying. hope its not a hairdressers car..........
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Just to add to gareths comments

If you have a loan this is indicted in Arabic on your registration card. Only then is a letter required.

You bought your last jeep cash and so the reg card had you as owner - so no letter

What r u buying. hope its not a hairdressers car..........
Some might say it's a hairdressers car....i'm buying another Jeep wrangler for better or worse.

2 month old 2006 hard-top model with 3,000k's for 60,000dhs. Had to get something with a warranty after last years efforts.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GarethR
AFAIK, if a car has finance owing on it, the vehicle registration place won't allow a transfer of ownership without a no-objection certificate from the finance company. All this means is that the seller has to inform the finance company that he's selling the car, he gets the NOC, sells the car and does the transfer, and then pays the finance company afterwards.
That sounds logical. Will see how it goes. Thanks.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:16 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Some might say it's a hairdressers car....i'm buying another Jeep wrangler for better or worse.

2 month old 2006 hard-top model with 3,000k's for 60,000dhs. Had to get something with a warranty after last years efforts.
Splendid - send me the low down

Only a hairdressers car if driven in the UK

I'm looking at importing one of the new ones out here, 4 door with a lid for future adventures.

Take it easy
TS
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 5:31 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Splendid - send me the low down

Only a hairdressers car if driven in the UK

I'm looking at importing one of the new ones out here, 4 door with a lid for future adventures.

Take it easy
TS
When you say out here... where you mean?

Anyways - the 4 door hard top looks very strange... but I think I like it!

Jeeper - seems a reasonable price - I got a 10 month old soft top Rubicon with 10K km and an exteneded 7 year warrenty for 50k back in march 2005...
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 5:47 am
Premium Member

[QUOTE=Autonomy]When you say out here... where you mean?
QUOTE]

The sunny caspian in a small town called Atyrau
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:13 pm
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Thats not a hairdressers car thats a expatmans car.........
Old Nov 5th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

JEGSHEMESH!!

The sunny caspian in a small town called Atyrau
Old Nov 5th 2006, 6:59 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

hope its not a hairdressers car..........

I'm just curious.. what exactly is a hairdresser's car?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:40 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

A Z4 or a Hummer 3 is a hairdressers car............. which is a shame cuz I want a H3
Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sassy
A Z4 or a Hummer 3 is a hairdressers car............. which is a shame cuz I want a H3
....or any car driven by an actual hairdresser.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:46 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
....or any car driven by an actual hairdresser.

I am a hairdresser.. but I had never heard about "hairdresser's cars".. every day you learn something new..
Old Nov 6th 2006, 3:19 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella

I am a hairdresser.. but I had never heard about "hairdresser's cars".. every day you learn something new..
True Anabella u never know with these british expats ha....

I have an H3.......... ...Does that make me a hairdresser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.