Reload this Page >

Buying Land in Dubai

Buying Land in Dubai

Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Talksoccer will become famous soon enough
Default Buying Land in Dubai

Hey all,

Just getting my knowledge on Dubai and in the long run i hope to move there. I was just thinking if you was to buy some land in Dubai and build an apartment, would that work out cheaper? The advantage is you can build to what you would like. I heard in the UK it is a lot cheaper but im not sure if its the same in Dubai, anyone got any ideas? As i always dreamt of getting a house near the beach but i hear the price of them are just too high at the moment.

Cheers
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:40 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Buying Land in Dubai

Originally Posted by Talksoccer
Hey all,

Just getting my knowledge on Dubai and in the long run i hope to move there. I was just thinking if you was to buy some land in Dubai and build an apartment, would that work out cheaper? The advantage is you can build to what you would like. I heard in the UK it is a lot cheaper but im not sure if its the same in Dubai, anyone got any ideas? As i always dreamt of getting a house near the beach but i hear the price of them are just too high at the moment.

Cheers
I remember a sceme where by expats were allowed to buy land....... cant remember whether that is still allowed and in which development that was permitted.

It is obviously alot cheaper to build your own home. Most homes that are being sold enable the developer to make upwards of 300% profit!

Buying land by the beach? hmmmmmm........ no beach left in Dubai either. LOL
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Yeh i always wondered why when you talk about Dubai, the beach never gets a lot of mention. Obviously there no California beaches but i always wondered how there is not a great mention on beaches over there.

Obviously being still young, we need to see more women and thats why we need beaches. Women in bikinis= Good times

Yeh i do wonder why more people dont buy land first and build there homes instead of waiting for apartments to be built which cost a lot more.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:50 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeh i always wondered why when you talk about Dubai, the beach never gets a lot of mention. Obviously there no California beaches but i always wondered how there is not a great mention on beaches over there.

Obviously being still young, we need to see more women and thats why we need beaches. Women in bikinis= Good times

Yeh i do wonder why more people dont buy land first and build there homes instead of waiting for apartments to be built which cost a lot more.

The entire coastline has been FULLY developed....... whatever remains untouched is part of the public beach zones. Most hotels have their own private beach stretch, but u r right, beaches are few in number.

bikinis = good times......... hmmmmmmm...... it might be, but if u or me were caught staring, we'd have our photographs in the press for harassment and then we'd be put behind bars!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Yeh the sooner i get that ring on my finger the less chance of me getting arrested

Shame about the beaches as i love to just be near the coastline like i was in California. You had lovely women all the time coming and talking to you and you can surf all day.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Ras Al Khaimah has some nice projects going, much cheaper and still plenty of coastline. It will be an up and coming place eventually too as they are introducing a regular ferry link to Iran. Fujairah is great for beaches but no freehold YET.

You can buy plots of land in Emirates Hills to build your own luxury home within Montgomery Golf Course.

Currently, there are also plots of land in Dubailand available but that's in the middle of the desert right now.

If you want something cheaper than the UK, don't come here. If you want a lifetime experience, take the next plane.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:24 am
The Oracle

Yeh the sooner i get that ring on my finger the less chance of me getting arrested

Shame about the beaches as i love to just be near the coastline like i was in California. You had lovely women all the time coming and talking to you and you can surf all day.
well, u will be happy to know that Dubai is heading down the path of California and although we havent got the 'surfer dude' culture yet, u will be shocked at how americanised the place is..... it really hit home after spending 3 months in the UK during q1 of this year.

I think Dubai is probably home to every american restaurant and fast food chain u can think of........ we even have branches of Kinkos! LOL
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:24 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
If you want something cheaper than the UK, don't come here. If you want a lifetime experience, take the next plane.
Thats my fave bit. heh heh
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:32 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

you can't actually buy land here, the best you can do is a 100 year lease, foreigners cannot be deeded property here, only given 100 year leases, which most people don't understand about the homes they are 'buying' here.

And remember, although highly unlikely, leases can always be nullified.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:59 am
W10

Originally Posted by Face81
I think Dubai is probably home to every american restaurant and fast food chain u can think of........ we even have branches of Kinkos! LOL
And a Kenny Rogers' Roasters - which brings up all kinds of sick images in my head.

Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:35 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
And a Kenny Rogers' Roasters - which brings up all kinds of sick images in my head.
one, kinkos isn't a restaurant, unless you are a living paper shredder

two, trust me, dubai has nowhere near the full assortment of fast food restaurants that the US has

also, we don't have hardees in the US anymore

but we do have

in n' out burger
checkers
roy rogers
quizno's
baja fresh
arby's
wendys

plus 20 more i can't think of
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:52 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by TA5
one, kinkos isn't a restaurant, unless you are a living paper shredder

two, trust me, dubai has nowhere near the full assortment of fast food restaurants that the US has

also, we don't have hardees in the US anymore

but we do have

in n' out burger
checkers
roy rogers
quizno's
baja fresh
arby's
wendys

plus 20 more i can't think of
we have 2 kinkos branches mate.... the other one is at DIC, in the Oracle Building actually. lol

fine, we havent got checkers or church's, but we do have quiznos at the DMC food court.

Arbys and Wendys have come and gone..... werent too popular. Now we have Krispy Kreme and Dairy Queen on the cards as well.

Oh and we even have an Applebees now, which I must admit is quite good.

For a city in the heart of Arabia, u cant deny that we have our fair share of American fast food chains and restaurants.

Last edited by Face81; Apr 25th 2005 at 10:07 am.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:53 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10

heh heh......... dont go there mate! I know how u feel.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:54 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
well, u will be happy to know that Dubai is heading down the path of California and although we havent got the 'surfer dude' culture yet, u will be shocked at how americanised the place is..... it really hit home after spending 3 months in the UK during q1 of this year.

What is Kinkos Face???
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:04 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by novita77
What is Kinkos Face???
its an office supplies and services place. They do professional printing, typing, photocopying, binding, etc.

Its a very professional place and they are part of an american chain. I use them fairly often myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.