Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Buying Car in Dubai, Register in Abu Dhabi, how?

Buying Car in Dubai, Register in Abu Dhabi, how?

Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

tongyh is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Buying Car in Dubai, Register in Abu Dhabi, how?

Hi guys,

As above, i need some help with information here, pls be as specific as u can, ie. where to go, what to do?

So ya. IM about to purchase a car from a private seller in Dubai, car is registered in Dubai.it's still under his name. Now, how do i go about transfer of ownership and registering the car in Abu Dhabi. I have Abu Dhabi Residence visa.

So, where do i even start? lol

Thanks guys for whatever info u have to share.

Regards,
-tongyh
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

grapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nice
Default Re: Buying Car in Dubai, Register in Abu Dhabi, how?

In the past, you would transfer ownership in Dubai, they'd give you export plates, and then you take it to Abu Dhabi traffic police where you register it.

I thought there were some changes afoot, and you could do change of emirate in one stop. Start in Dubai with money, passport, drivers licence and copies, and see what they tell you.