Buying alcohol

Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying alcohol

Hmmm, I went to the shop at Mirdif last night for some beers, and somehow came out with dir 900 less than I went in with.....

Wine isn't cheap over here is it?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying alcohol

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
Hmmm, I went to the shop at Mirdif last night for some beers, and somehow came out with dir 900 less than I went in with.....

Wine isn't cheap over here is it?
It's bloody expensive. More expensive than the UK. Beer seems to be similar price though. I just get my mates to bring some over in dutyfree when they come out
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris79 View Post
It's bloody expensive. More expensive than the UK. Beer seems to be similar price though. I just get my mates to bring some over in dutyfree when they come out
go to Barracuda or MMI in RAK
its 30-40pct cheaper than Dubai
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:06 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
Yep, Im planning on hitting Barracuda's sometime this week....

Someone obviously found my stash whilst I was away so it looks like another trip is required............
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat View Post
Yep, Im planning on hitting Barracuda's sometime this week....

Someone obviously found my stash whilst I was away so it looks like another trip is required............
I think I am going on Friday. There is a new ski club opening up at Um Al Quain, a friend of mine is involved. Anyway they are having an open day with all sorts of free stuff going on? DH is away so I thought I would make the trip out there! if you want information PM me your e mail ID and I will forward it to you.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

INVITATION TO OUR SOFT OPENING, FRIDAY 4th April 2008
The UAE’s best-kept secret, the Umm Al Quwain Marine Club, is finally ready to be
enjoyed and discovered by you, your family,
your friends and friends of friends.
If you are looking for a day of fun on the
beach filled with excitement and activities,
or to relax by the poolside and enjoy the sun,
then be sure to join us on Friday, the
4th April 2008, for the soft opening of the
Umm Al Quwain Marine Club.
We are delighted to inform you that on Friday, the UAQ Marine Club is offering:
• Free gate entrance
• Free boat launching facilities
• Special opening performances by our
very own Ski Club
• A new restaurant and poolside
cafeteria with special offers and
discounted prices in honor of the
Marine Club’s opening
• A bargain introductory offers on
water skiing and wakeboarding as
well as private lessons
• Lucky draws such as two family memberships, weekend stays in the newly built
chalets, family passes to Dreamland Aqua Park, mobiles and many more prizes
to be won. Free tickets to be collected before 16h00 on Friday, 4th April 2008
from the office at gate. Lucky draws are to take place between 19h00 and
20h00.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:30 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
INVITATION TO OUR SOFT OPENING, FRIDAY 4th April 2008
The UAE’s best-kept secret, the Umm Al Quwain Marine Club, is finally ready to be
enjoyed and discovered by you, your family,
your friends and friends of friends.
If you are looking for a day of fun on the
beach filled with excitement and activities,
or to relax by the poolside and enjoy the sun,
then be sure to join us on Friday, the
4th April 2008, for the soft opening of the
Umm Al Quwain Marine Club.
We are delighted to inform you that on Friday, the UAQ Marine Club is offering:
• Free gate entrance
• Free boat launching facilities
• Special opening performances by our
very own Ski Club
• A new restaurant and poolside
cafeteria with special offers and
discounted prices in honor of the
Marine Club’s opening
• A bargain introductory offers on
water skiing and wakeboarding as
well as private lessons
• Lucky draws such as two family memberships, weekend stays in the newly built
chalets, family passes to Dreamland Aqua Park, mobiles and many more prizes
to be won. Free tickets to be collected before 16h00 on Friday, 4th April 2008
from the office at gate. Lucky draws are to take place between 19h00 and
20h00.
Thanks for the tip, BC.... Was planning on heading thri to Barracuda during the week but may leave it till Friday now....

On a similar subject, does anyone know of the best places for jet-skiing here? I plan on getting one once I have everything sorted out with the move.......
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:52 am
Concierge

this place is the only place now, come with me if you want. I have to drive cos I am a control freak
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
this place is the only place now, come with me if you want. I have to drive cos I am a control freak
What time on Friday morning does the Ski Club event start? We are early birds in our family...tending to avoid that big yellow ball in the sky.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:17 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Either you get a lot of visitors or you don't drink much.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Either you get a lot of visitors or you don't drink much.
I drink enough but mostly on a Thursday night in the bars. I'm not a big wine drinker, prefer to drink wine with mates.
I stick to the beer normally
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I drink enough but mostly on a Thursday night in the bars. I'm not a big wine drinker, prefer to drink wine with mates.
I stick to the beer normally
I went for some beers, bought a crate of corona, 5 bottles of wine and a bottle of sambuca....it can be dangerous in there.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
I went for some beers, bought a crate of corona, 5 bottles of wine and a bottle of sambuca....it can be dangerous in there.
I got a crate of fosters and a crate of bulmers for AED230. Not too bad. Might crack a few open tonight
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:58 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

24 bottles of Carlsberg Dhs80
24 bottles of Heinken Dhs120

Barracuda that is

Last edited by sinderelle; Apr 1st 2008 at 6:07 pm. Reason: location
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
Aye...Barracuda or UAQ Beach hotel...My favourite Lebo booze provider...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.