Buying 2 cars.

Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Superdarts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying 2 cars.

I am expecting my visa through in the next few days, so I am in the market for 2 cars. Looking to spend around 200kAED on mine and 100AED for a runaround for my wife.

I fancy a RR Sport, Toureg, Q7 or alike (1 or 2 years old) My wife likes the Rav 4.

Basically my question is – how easy will this be to sell when we decide to leave (privately or through a trader)? And will finance over 5 years cover the depreciation with a 10% down payment on both cars if we sell after 18 - 24 months?

Thanks again,

Andy.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying 2 cars.

I am sure Confucious will see this and advise. I had a Rav4 before I got my Pajero, excellent choice
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

happy man is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a certain reason why alot of people buy 4 x 4 in UAE? Is it due to heat, to drive on sand, to drive faster or what?
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Safety!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

haha safety! the only way to be safe is not drive at all. It is just like sex you can't get pregnant if you didn't have sex. bottom line is, wear a condom when driving.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:53 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Superdarts
I am expecting my visa through in the next few days, so I am in the market for 2 cars. Looking to spend around 200kAED on mine and 100AED for a runaround for my wife.

I fancy a RR Sport, Toureg, Q7 or alike (1 or 2 years old) My wife likes the Rav 4.

Basically my question is – how easy will this be to sell when we decide to leave (privately or through a trader)? And will finance over 5 years cover the depreciation with a 10% down payment on both cars if we sell after 18 - 24 months?

Thanks again,

Andy.
As evident from your own scenario, many western expats seem afraid to buy second hand vehicles over here so do not expect an easy ride when you try selling. Given the vagaries of the credit crunch which will eventually strike here, I wouldn't even consider buying two new cars right now. Try Al Fattain Automall on SZR...their British guy is a regular from 5.30pm on Wednesdays on Radio 2 if my memory serves me right. giving sound and practical advice. It may be Radio 4 so do check.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:59 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I saw an advert today from someone living up near me thats leaving dubai and has a dec 2006 3.8 pajero to sell for 85k. Let me know if you are interested and I'll pm you the details
Old Oct 19th 2008, 12:58 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Automall have one of the best reputations in the market for quality cars. Mike Brightmore is the guy that has the radio show and does give fair and impartial advice. He has a face well suited for radio
Range Rovers sell very well in this market and the Sport is very popular. Shouldn't present too many problems on resale.
Touareg is smaller and a bit plasticy inside but down to individual taste. Q7 a bir over priced but Audi are determined to get a real foot in the market.
Suggest you also look at the Volvo XC90 as a possibility, also from Al Futtaim through Trading Enterprises. Good value and great car. (I've got one but not selling)
5 year finance with the intention to sell after 18-24 months looks dodgy. You could end up owing more than the value of the cars.
I'd also suggest you stick to the authorised dealers. Some dodgy traders out there!
Better still, buy a bike
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

my friend had two Range Rovers, one of them the Sport both less than two years old, nothing but trouble she has just traded the pair of them in
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:23 pm
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Is leasing an option if only going to be there for 18-24months, if so who would be best people to speak to and rough costs for similar cars to what Superdarts mentions??

Also no resale issues, just give them back!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

I enquired about leasing – the prices were ridiculous, one guy wanted 12,000AED / month for a year lease of an X5!

Do any of the new dealers to the finance packages with the balloon payment at the end where you have the option to hand the vehicle back?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:43 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

I enquired about leasing – the prices were ridiculous, one guy wanted 12,000AED / month for a year lease of an X5!

Do any of the new dealers to the finance packages with the balloon payment at the end where you have the option to hand the vehicle back?
The company I am going to work for have arranged at least 1 lease car for me at the moment a Toyota Prado which is 3,200AED per month, you were defo getting ripped off, I also seen a BMW 130 lease for 1,800AED when I was looking through the book.

Are you a drug dealer if you want to drive an X5,

Good luck!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:01 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Saab 9-3 has a flat lease for 2,000 AED/month.

Decent deal if you want a Saab.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Which companies you guys using for these lease quotes?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:01 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Which companies you guys using for these lease quotes?
Hertz, Budget and Avis all do 2 year lease on a wide range of cars. Guess the good thing about Saab is you'd be the only guy in Dubai to have one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.