Buy a property in Dubai or Sharjah

Buy a property in Dubai or Sharjah

Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:00 pm
Banned

njumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buy a property in Dubai or Sharjah

Hi All,

i am planing to buy a property in Dubai or Sharjah and have this question

1) Local Govt allows foreign investment but there are specific areas (in Dubai and Sharjah) where expiates can invest / buy a property( can you please highlight those areas so i can do my research before buy)

2) what to consider before make a final decision (i.e close to metro station, bus station, main roads, shopping centre or leisure centres, airport or anything else).

i am only talking about Freehold property only.

your time is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by njumb; Aug 20th 2012 at 12:13 pm. Reason: to add some more stuff
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Buy a property in Dubai or Sharjah

Originally Posted by njumb
Hi All,

1) Local Govt allows foreign investment but there are specific areas (in Dubai and Sharjah) where expiates can invest / buy a property( can you please highlight those areas so i can do my research before buy)

2) what to consider before make a final decision (i.e close to metro station, bus station, main roads, shopping centre or leisure centres, airport or anything else).

Thanks
Am I alone in thinking this must rank as the dumbest post ever?

In any event, in response to the above questions, I would definitely recommend buying in Sharjah. You must let me know how that works out for you.

And in terms of things to consider, I would definitely suggest ensuring that your apartment is downwind from the sewage farm, and also next to the slaughterhouse to ensure that you can get fresh meat. Living on a flightpath would be good too. Oh, and somewhere without electricity, cooling and water would also be worth thinking about.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:46 am
Banned

Hey Dubaiguy,
what is wrong in that post.. let me think..
may be asking wrong people or may be you have to think before answer ( i understand this is hard work for you guys)...
thats why UAE is the 5th laziest country in the world.... no offence but truth is truth..

Enjoy..
i will find my answer somewhere else.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:55 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njumb
Hi All,

Thanks
A really lazy post. You plan to buy, but cannot be bothered to do your own research for a significant financial investment? No wonder dubaiguy called the post "dumb". You ask what to consider, and yet you apparently have no idea yourself? Again, dumb.

Hey Dubaiguy,
what is wrong in that post.. let me think..
may be asking wrong people or may be you have to think before answer ( i understand this is hard work for you guys)...
thats why UAE is the 5th laziest country in the world.... no offence but truth is truth..

Enjoy..
i will find my answer somewhere else.
What's wrong? Answer above. Oh, and a great start for all newcomers to the forum, which appears to be increasingly common, do please go ahead and insult - it's bound to help

Similarly, did you miss the part of the website called "British Expats"? Do you really think that calling people lazy because they are from the UAE is going to upset "British Expats"? Dumb.

Please go ahead and find your answers elsewhere.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:23 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I have some lovely property in Waterfront for sale and if you don't fancy that then what about the Palm Deira or beside the Arabian canal or Bawadi or the Lagoons or Salam City.......
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:47 am
Banned

Game over 1-0...
Old Aug 21st 2012, 3:52 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Am I alone in thinking this must rank as the dumbest post ever?

In any event, in response to the above questions, I would definitely recommend buying in Sharjah. You must let me know how that works out for you.

And in terms of things to consider, I would definitely suggest ensuring that your apartment is downwind from the sewage farm, and also next to the slaughterhouse to ensure that you can get fresh meat. Living on a flightpath would be good too. Oh, and somewhere without electricity, cooling and water would also be worth thinking about.
The guy was perfectly polite ( in this post ) , so why the need to take the piss out of him . He was just asking for help .

i.e. if you were going to invest , where would you buy ? No big deal !
Old Aug 21st 2012, 4:05 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

nonthaburi - he's just made it clear he was trolling.

I think it's best I only reply to regular participants. Too many trolls on here nowadays.

Last edited by OriginalSunshine; Aug 21st 2012 at 4:06 pm. Reason: because...
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
nonthaburi - he's just made it clear he was trolling.

I think it's best I only reply to regular participants. Too many trolls on here nowadays.
What is meant by trolling? Is it to post for the sake of advertising?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 5:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Debowing
What is meant by trolling? Is it to post for the sake of advertising?
Posting to start an arguement / wind people up / take the piss I think.

Kind of a more blatant version of what Millhouse does I think...