Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

budget acommadation for 1 month?

budget acommadation for 1 month?

Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:22 am
Just Joined

mckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant future
Default budget acommadation for 1 month?

Hi, i am travelling from the uk to Dubai for 1 month to try and find a position, i was offerd a role but ive been waiting 2 months and still no start date or comnfirmation so ive decided to fly over and if this role isnt happening, look for another in the month im there. I was looking to try and find some decent priced lodgings whilst im there until i find a position and manage to get a place, Does anyone have any ideas of where to stay during this period to enable me to get around easily in my search.
Kind Regards
Craig.
looking at flying on 12th jan 2009
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:04 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: budget acommadation for 1 month?

hiya, welcome!

try Golden Sands Apartments in Bur Dubai
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

or for very cheap, some 1/2 star hotels in deira.
they are usually on the top of some v dodgy nightclubs however, so don't expect a lot of sleep..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

mckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant futuremckenzie1970 has a brilliant future

Thanks guys, its a little daunting but im giving it a go. i have found this place, Does anyone know of it and if its easy to get around for my job search?thanks
http://www.uaeyha.com/english/dubai---a
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:08 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mckenzie1970
Hi, i am travelling from the uk to Dubai for 1 month to try and find a position, i was offerd a role but ive been waiting 2 months and still no start date or comnfirmation so ive decided to fly over and if this role isnt happening, look for another in the month im there. I was looking to try and find some decent priced lodgings whilst im there until i find a position and manage to get a place, Does anyone have any ideas of where to stay during this period to enable me to get around easily in my search.
Kind Regards
Craig.
looking at flying on 12th jan 2009
Any idea of your budget for the month?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Hi There, with regards to my budget , well i am taking 2500 uk pounds with me to cover somewhere to stay and money to live on, so its very important that i begin the job search right away. I know that this is not much for Dubai and this is why i was looking at say, a hostel with a single room or something, or even lodgings if possible. I do have some contacts out in Dubai and so i am hoping that they also may find a suitable job role that i may apply for. In the mean time , the most imortant thing is to try and find somewhere to stay and begin my search.
Kind Regards
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

what sort of work are you going to be looking for?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi, Thank you for your reply. As for work, well i have bee in property investment and land development sales/negotiations for the last 7 years, With both hi end corporate and private investor clients.
I am experienced in internet marketing, building affiliates, and business to business, as well as experience in the entertainments industry as i was male lead production vocalist on cruise liners, also assistant cruise director. I am able to communicate at all levels and can adapt myself to any task, As for the kind of work, i am very flexible, its more about building a new life and with that in mind i am excited by any interesting position. I am hoping that this may help me also in obtaining a position that will allow me to settle into normal life as soon as possible.
Well this is the hope anyway.
I d have excellent references from corporate and private clients and a proven successful career record.
I do feel that now is the time to really take the risk and try and obtain the lifestyle i have always wanted. I have lived and worked in Spain, Cyprus etc In the past and i am hoping that this move will prove to be a great decision.
But i must admit , its a little daunting as i will be approaching companies on foot to try and obtain a career in Dubai.
Thank you for your reply.
Kind Regards
Craig
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry dont think its a good time to be looking for property or land develoment sales at the moment.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Im not looking at just property, im looking at any options available, its a fresh start and a lifestyle change so something different would be a blessing, service industry, back on the tools, keeping all options open really, sales, customer service. etc etc.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

well they dont do customer service here.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:52 am
Just Joined

bad time for property, no customer service?, a little negative i think. anyway, im sorted out now. Thanks to the other guys who recommended the apartments. i booked one so thats sorted also now
Old Jan 7th 2009, 1:27 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by mckenzie1970
Im not looking at just property, im looking at any options available, its a fresh start and a lifestyle change so something different would be a blessing, service industry, back on the tools, keeping all options open really, sales, customer service. etc etc.
I admire your enthusiasm I really do, come over and see what you can find out. Service Indusry and back on the tools is not viable, Sales - possibly depends on what your selling though. Do you have any formal qualifications, degree etc?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Thank you. Yes i am very experienced in sales. I do have a Diploma in business and marketing so i would like a sales based role if possible. I think you have to be positive, lifes too short for negative thinking,
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:34 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Service Indusry and back on the tools is not viable,
what on earth are you basing that on exactly?

Define 'service industry'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.