Brunches in AD

Old Apr 10th 2011, 6:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brunches in AD

Not sure if this has been done before, but I thought it would be useful for us to share our experiences of AD brunches.

Maximum stars *****

AD Golf Club
Noon - 4.00
110 no drink, 199 unlimited drink
Food ****
Drink ****
Ambiance ***
Value ****
Highpoints: sushi, wine, good cheese selection
Lowpoints: almost deserted, range of drinks (only Heineken, 1 red wine, 2 white wines--although the wines themselves were excellent).
Would I go again? Probably--its a refined, relaxed and quiet way to do a brunch.

Coopers
Noon - 4.00
149(?) unlimited drink
Food ****
Drink ***
Ambiance ***
Value ****
Highpoints: the meat, turkey and Yorkshire puds
Lowpoints: there's precious little else other than the meat, turkey and Yorkshire puds
Would I go again? Yep, great for a group of mates, and will take the (teenage) kids there too.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brunches in AD

Where's 'Coopers'?

BTW - the Fairmont on the road back towards the airport......... FIVE stars or more in every category...........
Old Apr 10th 2011, 9:04 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Where's 'Coopers'?

BTW - the Fairmont on the road back towards the airport......... FIVE stars or more in every category...........
Coopers is the pub at Park Rotana, near Maqta Bridge.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 12:32 pm

SugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to all

The Yas Rotana and Origins at the Yas Hotel both do great brunches...I'd give them both 4/5 for value
Old Apr 10th 2011, 12:41 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

they are cheap compared to here!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:00 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by SugarMetal
The Yas Rotana and Origins at the Yas Hotel both do great brunches...I'd give them both 4/5 for value
Prices? Fare?
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:11 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
they are cheap compared to here!
Those two sound very basic though. You can get the equivalent for similar prices in Dubai.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Those two sound very basic though. You can get the equivalent for similar prices in Dubai.
all the ones I hear about are the 400 mark
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:21 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
all the ones I hear about are the 400 mark
There are plenty at around Dhs 200. Look in Time Out. One of my favourites is just Dhs 225, incl booze.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:24 pm

SugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to allSugarMetal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Prices? Fare?
what do I know? The Mr paid!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Meow
Depends on your definition of basic....? The Yas Rotana seemed to have an endless choice of food and while I don't drink plenty of people around me seemed to....
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:10 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by SugarMetal
what do I know? The Mr paid!
Fare as in what sort of food, was it good, different, out of this world?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Fare as in what sort of food, was it good, different, out of this world?
Ahhhh ok.

In my opinion the food at Origins is good but I've changed my mind about how good and now I give it 3/5. They had a nice selection of cuisines with Indian, English and European being the most popular. A lot of big shellfish too. However the number of dishes in each cuisine was a little limited. You could probably try a little of everything in a few plates. The chocolate fountain was dark which I'm not so fond of but there were 16 different cakes and deserts to have instead...stay away from the mouses though, all style and no real taste. The Yas cake however was all killer, no filler. Amazing staff, super efficient and very friendly. Nice mix of diners too with expats, tourists and emirates all munching away.

Yas Rotana's food was excellent. About seven of us went and all left feeling crazy full. The selection was bigger than Origin's and there was not one thing I tried which I didn't like. The afternoon is a haze of birianis and yorkshire puddings (obviously not at the same time) They had a milk chocolate fountain too which always floats my boat. The food at Yas Rotana I think is a a lot better. There is also an outdoor seating area with paddling pools which are good for the kids. A bit of a bling bling crowd though, I was momentarily reminded of Club Tropicana video from wham!

Last edited by SugarMetal; Apr 11th 2011 at 5:41 am.