Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

British Schools in Dubai

British Schools in Dubai

Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:49 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Schools in Dubai

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Just to resurrect this thread as now we are in this boat.
Home will more than likely be Ghetto Ranches as MH referred to it. Went looking today and those in budget (180k) are tiny however that asides; Mrs T has only managed to get registered with the new GEMS on Al Khail road and after looking today its still 90% construction site. As their fees are 60K a year for a FS2 (reduced to 52K for one year only due to construction activities) this is not an ideal school as budget is 40k a year and I would like to get closer to it.
My colleague got his kids into Repton by paying a debenture but they are not taking anymore.
I am just trying to figure out when to approach some of the other schools mentioned as being good/crap in the previous postings. If people have places reserved at multiple schools and then only take their preferred option then when do these places actually become available ? Is there a cut off time before the term commences by which parents must have paid up and confirmed. I don't want to keep throwing out registration fees to each and every possibility but equally don't want to miss out on a place Junior Tock. Its time he went to school.
I drove past there yesterday, I can't see how you can even access the school there are no roads into it? very strange.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Got a feelings it's going to be called Gems Wellington Al Khail (to add some confusion to the other Wellington....)

I know some people are going across to start there September.
GEMS World on Al Khail possibly but not the other one, there is no chance that will be finished by September!
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
GEMS World on Al Khail possibly but not the other one, there is no chance that will be finished by September!
The Wellington one opens this September.

The building is almost at first floor, it will be chucked up so fast you won't believe your eyes.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:09 am
Concierge

The Wellington one opens this September.

The building is almost at first floor, it will be chucked up so fast you won't believe your eyes.
no chance, September 2014, and what about access? there are no roads to it
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

no chance, September 2014, and what about access? there are no roads to it
http://www.gemswellingtonacademy-alk...&parentid=1103

They say Sept 13 and I'm 99.9% certain that a couple of the people from the one my fair lady is at are transferring across in September.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:24 am
Concierge

http://www.gemswellingtonacademy-alk...&parentid=1103

They say Sept 13 and I'm 99.9% certain that a couple of the people from the one my fair lady is at are transferring across in September.
you have seen it, do you honestly think in two months it will be open? last year our school had an extension added, not a huge one, it was 6 months late in re-opening.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:33 am
Account Closed

you have seen it, do you honestly think in two months it will be open? last year our school had an extension added, not a huge one, it was 6 months late in re-opening.
It could be open in two months, yes.

Do I think it will be? Potentially.

GEMS want that place open ASAP to start generating cash. They'll be hitting their contractors to work 24/7 to meet the programme. Once the first floor slabs are in they can chuck up block infill and start on the internal stuff. If it isn't open by September I wonder how many parents will take their kids somewhere else?

It's not impossible, but I can definitely see your skepticism. Maybe I have too much faith in their desire for cash.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:47 am
Concierge

It could be open in two months, yes.

Do I think it will be? Potentially.

GEMS want that place open ASAP to start generating cash. They'll be hitting their contractors to work 24/7 to meet the programme. Once the first floor slabs are in they can chuck up block infill and start on the internal stuff. If it isn't open by September I wonder how many parents will take their kids somewhere else?

It's not impossible, but I can definitely see your skepticism. Maybe I have too much faith in their desire for cash.
I agree with you on their desire for cash, we shall see come September
Old Jul 10th 2013, 7:20 am
Account Closed

I agree with you on their desire for cash, we shall see come September
I drive past it daily so I'll try and remember to update you.

It will be interesting to see.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 7:23 am
Concierge

I drive past it daily so I'll try and remember to update you.

It will be interesting to see.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice

Anyone have any thoughts/ insight into the new Victory Heights Primary school? We've managed to get a place in here for junior but I'd be interested to hear people's views about it, if any?
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:00 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MrBAH
Anyone have any thoughts/ insight into the new Victory Heights Primary school? We've managed to get a place in here for junior but I'd be interested to hear people's views about it, if any?
never heard of it, Safa School is opening a new school near Miracle Garden which is next to the Ranches, did you try there? my friend has her children in Safa and is very happy
Old Jul 10th 2013, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
I leave saheel1 gate before 0700 and there is no problems at all. Behind my desk at Jafza in 20mins.

Get to saheel1 fate at 0705 and prepare to wait for 20mins as the school run is in full flow.

I love the ranches, wouldn't like at the reem side though...its just too "council". Saheel is the best area.

My daughter has just finished FS2 at Gems wellington DSO and so far it's been great.

Agree with milhouse though, people do tend to look at schools as a form of social standing with wepton right up there
Have to agree Saheel is nice but out of budget as came on paupers wages this time. Its Ok I shall look up to you as you exit but look down on the springs should I be passing. I know my place
Old Jul 10th 2013, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I drove past there yesterday, I can't see how you can even access the school there are no roads into it? very strange.
The main building will be finished easily, I will just have to send Junior Tock with his dust mask. Probably a good idea anyway as its jolly near those labour camps on the left hand side of Al Khail road and who knows what is getting blown into the atmosphere. If its crap then rest assured I will be giving updates as I want my 52K worth
Old Jul 10th 2013, 2:38 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
The main building will be finished easily, I will just have to send Junior Tock with his dust mask. Probably a good idea anyway as its jolly near those labour camps on the left hand side of Al Khail road and who knows what is getting blown into the atmosphere. If its crap then rest assured I will be giving updates as I want my 52K worth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.