Reload this Page >

British Primary Teacher seeking info

British Primary Teacher seeking info

Old Aug 13th 2015, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

l.amy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Primary Teacher seeking info

Hello,

I am currently seeking employment as a teacher in Dubai and have spoken to agencies which have offered me a package including accommodation. My question is could my boyfriend live with me in this provided accommodation? Is there anyone who polices or secures who goes in and out of the accommodation?

I am aware of the laws in the UAE but have read Dubai has a more relaxed attitude towards them. I also know couples who live together unmarried in Dubai but I don’t know anyone who does this in provided accommodation.

Thank you in advanced for any information
Old Aug 16th 2015, 6:25 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Primary Teacher seeking info

Originally Posted by l.amy View Post
Hello,

I am currently seeking employment as a teacher in Dubai and have spoken to agencies which have offered me a package including accommodation. My question is could my boyfriend live with me in this provided accommodation? Is there anyone who polices or secures who goes in and out of the accommodation?

I am aware of the laws in the UAE but have read Dubai has a more relaxed attitude towards them. I also know couples who live together unmarried in Dubai but I don’t know anyone who does this in provided accommodation.

Thank you in advanced for any information
Lots of people do. I'd be a bit more careful given that the apartment is provided to you and not likely to be in your name etc. The School would have every right to check etc.

That being said, I know of plenty of teachers who have boyfriends / girlfriends living at their school apartments without any worries or concerns.