Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

British passport renewal

British passport renewal

Old Jul 3rd 2014, 1:39 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British passport renewal

Still on emergency passport, flying out this weekend. Managed to get residency visa emergency transferred into new emergency passport. And then pray that I get visas back when I return after Eid....

Mogs - so your new one arrived 8 weeks after you sent it off, but the old one arrived 5 weeks after that?
How long did they take to acknowledged they'd received it?
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Still on emergency passport, flying out this weekend. Managed to get residency visa emergency transferred into new emergency passport. And then pray that I get visas back when I return after Eid....

Mogs - so your new one arrived 8 weeks after you sent it off, but the old one arrived 5 weeks after that?
How long did they take to acknowledged they'd received it?
OS, yes 8 weeks for new one plus another 5 weeks to get my old one.

I checked the DHL tracking number when I originally sent it (sent from Dubai on 1st April, received by them 3rd April). I also checked the UKPA website for my application status which was updated within a few days saying it was received and being processed.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 1:50 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

The Daily Mail is showing a British passport today with an incorrect photograph in it. On the page opposite the bio page, there's a section that says 'official observations'. I don't have that in my British passport. Is it something new?
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 1:52 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Official observations has been on recent passports, yes
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 10:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The observations page has been moved around but it has appeared in all British passports of recent times.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 8:01 am
womble

Mogs - thanks! I sent mine a month after you, but it took them over a week from DHL signed received and the UKPA website saying it was received....

I should now be ok without my old one, as my visa is now in my emergency passport, but I still need the new one, and it's been over 7 weeks now.
Old Jul 4th 2014, 12:59 pm
womble

oh dear
this is ironic
according to the UKPA website, just now, my passport is being "dispatched"
but I leave for four weeks tomorrow morning...
oops
what's the betting that DHL loses my passport at this end?
Old Jul 9th 2014, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Rob5711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: British passport renewal

We are all in the same boat.
It took Durham ten (10) weeks to start to process application and passport advice line tell me it will take another ten (10) weeks before it goes to print.
I am based in Johannesburg and service the African continent, I am unable to do my job so have no alternative but to obtain emergency travel document from British embassy and fly home, possibly to have to sign on at Job centre.
British government is all about looking after themselves and their mates.

Robert
Old Jul 9th 2014, 2:03 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob5711
I think in respect of the current allegations of cover up doing the rounds against the establishment, you could well have a point!
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob5711
We are all in the same boat.
It took Durham ten (10) weeks to start to process application and passport advice line tell me it will take another ten (10) weeks before it goes to print.
I am based in Johannesburg and service the African continent, I am unable to do my job so have no alternative but to obtain emergency travel document from British embassy and fly home, possibly to have to sign on at Job centre.

Robert
surely if you do a lot of travel to countries where the norm is to have visa applications done in advance you'd organize a second or third UK passport?
Old Jul 13th 2014, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you lose your job? SA take 6 months ( you read that right) to reissue passports so are possibly the only place in the world worse than the UK.
Old Jul 18th 2014, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

jayden6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I sympathise with everyone whose going through this problem atm. I travel for work and its really frustrating me as I have to travelt to Australia in the next week and no passport as yet. So Im wondering if I can get an ETD to make this trip but I'm not sure if Australia allows ETD holders to apply for the evisitor as regular UK passport holders. I mean they were both issued by the UK and labels me a British Citizen so I'm thinking it shouldn't be an issue however, with the US for instance, although they do allow the ETD for entry into their country its not acceptable for use with the ESTA application under the Visa Waiver Program. So one would still have to get a US Visa.

Has anyone ever had experience with this? Do you know? The gov.uk website says that Emergency passports are accepte for entry but it says nothing about the VISA which is required for all UK citizens. I'm just so stressed out with this and would love if someone could clarify this for me. I also spoke to the UK embassy in barbados where I am at the moment and though they say they can issue me the ETD they have no idea if Australia would accept them for the Visa.

So is this the same for entry into Australia? Or is it ok to use the ETD to apply for the evisitor visa?
Old Jul 20th 2014, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayden6
Hi I sympathise with everyone whose going through this problem atm. I travel for work and its really frustrating me as I have to travelt to Australia in the next week and no passport as yet. So Im wondering if I can get an ETD to make this trip but I'm not sure if Australia allows ETD holders to apply for the evisitor as regular UK passport holders. I mean they were both issued by the UK and labels me a British Citizen so I'm thinking it shouldn't be an issue however, with the US for instance, although they do allow the ETD for entry into their country its not acceptable for use with the ESTA application under the Visa Waiver Program. So one would still have to get a US Visa.

Has anyone ever had experience with this? Do you know? The gov.uk website says that Emergency passports are accepte for entry but it says nothing about the VISA which is required for all UK citizens. I'm just so stressed out with this and would love if someone could clarify this for me. I also spoke to the UK embassy in barbados where I am at the moment and though they say they can issue me the ETD they have no idea if Australia would accept them for the Visa.

So is this the same for entry into Australia? Or is it ok to use the ETD to apply for the evisitor visa?
as far as I am aware, an emergency travel document gives you passage back to the UK only.
Old Jul 20th 2014, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

treetops is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brains1983
as far as I am aware, an emergency travel document gives you passage back to the UK only.
It's for a restricted amount of travel, but a bit more than that.

An emergency travel document allows you to leave the country you’re in and travel to your destination via a maximum of 5 countries.

The emergency travel document can also cover a return journey if you’re resident in the country you’re applying from.
Old Jul 20th 2014, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

jayden6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Yea I spoke to the embassy and they told me that it could be issued to travel to countries other than the UK depending on the circumstances. My only problem is not knowing if it would be accepted for the evisitor visa into Australia. And no one else seems to know either which is really frustrating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.