Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

British passport renewal

British passport renewal

Old Jul 21st 2014, 10:56 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British passport renewal

Originally Posted by treetops
It's for a restricted amount of travel, but a bit more than that.
I'm doing that. Travel via Europe to UK and return back to ME at end of eid. Hopefully the DHL numpties there have both passports when I get back.

As for Australia, you only get the ETD issued one week beforehand. Then my understanding is you can apply for an evisa, but your ETD will specify your arrival and departure dates so itinerary already needs to be booked. My biggest stress was trying to get my ME visa transferred from non existent old passport into ETD to leave and return legally. This required embassy intervention with the immigration office at a very high level!
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 3:43 am
Just Joined

jayden6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow. Did you manage to get it transferred? And how were you able to apply for the evisa? Could you do it online or did you need to go in and see them?
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 7:56 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I got my residency visa transferred. No, I did not apply for an visa for Australia, as I am going back to Rurope. I said "my understanding" which is based on what friends are planning to do.