Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

British... I need A Driving License Qatar

British... I need A Driving License Qatar

Old Nov 1st 2013, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

DaveSand is an unknown quantity at this point
Question British... I need A Driving License Qatar

I have no driving license at all never passed a test here in the UK. How fast can I get a Qatar one there. I fly out with my work visa on 8th November and need one as fast as possible. My sponsor hasn't asked about license but maybe will be providing a driver or just assumes. is he likely to be patient whilst I get one passed . is it easy to get a driver? Any Serious ideas please?

Another quick question ... Is my accommodation likely to be sharing. going as a manager for a medium sized eng company. they seem vague about things and i don't like asking too many questions of them as they might get pissed of and withdraw the offer which for me is a life changing one. I really want to come for the life experience offered

Last edited by DaveSand; Nov 1st 2013 at 3:10 am. Reason: typo's
Old Nov 1st 2013, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British... I need A Driving License Qatar

Originally Posted by DaveSand
I have no driving license at all never passed a test here in the UK. How fast can I get a Qatar one there. I fly out with my work visa on 8th November and need one as fast as possible. My sponsor hasn't asked about license but maybe will be providing a driver or just assumes. is he likely to be patient whilst I get one passed . is it easy to get a driver? Any Serious ideas please?

Another quick question ... Is my accommodation likely to be sharing. going as a manager for a medium sized eng company. they seem vague about things and i don't like asking too many questions of them as they might get pissed of and withdraw the offer which for me is a life changing one. I really want to come for the life experience offered
One minute you're saying your driving licence was revoked for drinking related issues. Now you're saying you never had a licence. What did you have? A provisional or what? Doesn't seem to add up.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

I have no driving license at all never passed a test here in the UK
One minute you're saying your driving licence was revoked for drinking related issues. Now you're saying you never had a licence.
Perhaps his non UK licence is revoked or he previously converted a licence from overseas to the UK, hence never have taken a test in the UK. Or perhaps paid someone else to take his driving test.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

I assume that you won't tell that you had a licence that is revoked due to drink and driving but to say that you never had a licence. It will be interesting what your driving instructor will say when you probably will be a very good novice driver considering that you never even had a licence before.
Old Nov 1st 2013, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

DaveSand is an unknown quantity at this point

I was on a provisional when I got caught back in 1998. Stupid I know. long story.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveSand

You'll need to drive out here thats for certain , without a car you're knackered out here . I assume your company think you can drive and hold the relevant license . You could be in Lusail one day then the Industrial area or Ras Laffan or Messiaed , those are the industrial areas and they cover the full length and width of the country . If i was employing a British manager it would be a cert that he needed a license . Taking a lessons and a test here is a ball ache and there's a waiting list . Your probably better buying one

Before you sign anything you should be 100% on the money you know what you're walking into here with a contract because once you're here it's very difficult to change up .

Benefits within contracts are very very important , the standard of accommodation or leave rotation or any other specific could make your life here a lot easier or a lot more difficult .

Ask the question now , you wouldnt want to be bunked up with your Syrian workshop foreman in a 40ft container with a dodgy AC
Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:14 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Get a UK provisional before you leave the UK. I have friends here that have changed a provisional into a Qatar full licence. Your alternative is to pay a driver which will cost you QR2000 ish a month
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Get a UK provisional before you leave the UK. I have friends here that have changed a provisional into a Qatar full licence. Your alternative is to pay a driver which will cost you QR2000 ish a month
I know people in AD that have done this too!