Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

British Embassy Stamp Qatar

British Embassy Stamp Qatar

Old May 9th 2013, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default British Embassy Stamp Qatar

Getting the families RP and have been told I need my daughter's Arabic birth certificate( she was born in Dubai) authenticated by the UAE embassy in Doha and our marriage certificate (married in Dubai) authenticated by the British embassy in Doha.
Anyone come across this before?
Old May 9th 2013, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

desertman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Embassy Stamp Qatar

Originally Posted by desert-rat
Getting the families RP and have been told I need my daughter's Arabic birth certificate( she was born in Dubai) authenticated by the UAE embassy in Doha and our marriage certificate (married in Dubai) authenticated by the British embassy in Doha.
Anyone come across this before?
Yes, get those 2 docs attested by UAE embassy here in Doha and then take it to Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Qatar here in Doha (Cinema Signal).

After those 2 stamps, docs will be legal to use here in other Qatari institutions....

process is quick...stamps are done on the spot....i think around 20 QAR per stamp.
Old May 9th 2013, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Thanks desertman. Thats what I would have thought. Can't see why they are telling me to take the marriage cert to the British Embassy though.
Old May 9th 2013, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

desertman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desert-rat
British Embassy though.
That's because they have no clue what needs to be done... so it's easier for them just to send you to BA....
Old May 10th 2013, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by desertman
That's because they have no clue what needs to be done... so it's easier for them just to send you to BA....
You must know them desertman. They certainly don't have a clue!!
Old May 10th 2013, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Their faulty logic is clear "You British, you must go British Embassy, yani."

God gave them oil but not brains.
Old May 12th 2013, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Well despite my questioning they still insisted I went to the British Embassy. The Embassy very politely declined to stamp it and suggested the UAE embassy.
So off to the UAE embassy tomorrow.
The HR are now insisting they need a certificate that states all the buildings in the compound are completed despite the Qatar website saying an electricity bill is sufficient.
Old May 12th 2013, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"a certificate that states all the buildings in the compound are completed despite the Qatar website saying an electricity bill is sufficient."

Cannot see the relevance of this to having the document attested. I must be slow on the uptake.
Old May 13th 2013, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

I can see one possible area that might be considered. When you married in Dubai did you then take your marriage certificate to the British Embassy and have them register the marriage in UK. It might be they want that.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
"a certificate that states all the buildings in the compound are completed despite the Qatar website saying an electricity bill is sufficient."

Cannot see the relevance of this to having the document attested. I must be slow on the uptake.
It doesnt need attesting. No one in Qatar has had to produce this certificate.
Old May 13th 2013, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martinbkk
I can see one possible area that might be considered. When you married in Dubai did you then take your marriage certificate to the British Embassy and have them register the marriage in UK. It might be they want that.
Good point but you need to go to the BE first to be allowed to marry in Dubai.Have to show them birth certificate, divorce papers etc before you can go ahead so the marriage is already registered with them.

No issue now as the UAE marriage cert was stamped by the UAE embassy in Qatar.

All part of the HR fun!!
Old May 15th 2013, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

RP rejected as only 4 bank statements showing electronic salary payment. The other 2 statements with salary deposited by cheque don't count apparently.