Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The (British) Club Abu Dhabi - useful info

The (British) Club Abu Dhabi - useful info

Old Aug 5th 2008, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default The (British) Club Abu Dhabi - useful info

As mentioned in a previous thread, I said I would report back on my "show around" The Club. I also asked permission for this information to be posted here. OK:

Waiting lists: Singles - 4 - 6 months. Families 6 - 12 months. the time varies as it depends on turnover of members and the nationalities of those applying for membership. It can be completely random.

Stats of Membership: 84 nationalities in total. 50% British. All together, 75%of membership is from English speaking countries. Total members: Adults 3,000. Cant remember how many junior members - around 11,000 I think.

Location: The land was gifted to The Club 46 years ago by the late Sheikh Zayed. The curent ruler is happy for the Club to stay where it is. The rumour that the Club is reloating has apparently been around for 20 years. It is staying put! So join now for eventual views of the Manhattan of the Middle East - AD's new business district.

Information in first two sections will of course change, so probably better to call the Club direct when you look around.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The (British) Club Abu Dhabi - useful info

you forgot to mention, Stella pint 13AED
Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
As mentioned in a previous thread, I said I would report back on my "show around" The Club. I also asked permission for this information to be posted here. OK:

Waiting lists: Singles - 4 - 6 months. Families 6 - 12 months. the time varies as it depends on turnover of members and the nationalities of those applying for membership. It can be completely random.

Stats of Membership: 84 nationalities in total. 50% British. All together, 75%of membership is from English speaking countries. Total members: Adults 3,000. Cant remember how many junior members - around 11,000 I think.

Location: The land was gifted to The Club 46 years ago by the late Sheikh Zayed. The curent ruler is happy for the Club to stay where it is. The rumour that the Club is reloating has apparently been around for 20 years. It is staying put! So join now for eventual views of the Manhattan of the Middle East - AD's new business district.

Information in first two sections will of course change, so probably better to call the Club direct when you look around.
sooooo...are you gonna join weescot, that's what we all want to know...!

MM, xx
Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
sooooo...are you gonna join weescot, that's what we all want to know...!

MM, xx
join the waiting list. Weescot, you can have our membership...we never use it really. It is fab, but really in the middle of nowhere..

and nothing is sacred in UAE, if developers want the land badly, it will go no doubt....look at Dubai country club...(sorry BC)
Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I will be applying. More for access to membership of a couple of the other clubs within. I like my panto. Oh yes I do.

P.S. Stella 13AD a pint apparently....
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes the rumours of it moving have been around a while, but the fact that now they are redeveloping the port area, plus all the islands around it i think it will be moving, i will try and track down the 'main man' at some point and ask! but wont be until school goes back.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:56 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
I will be applying. More for access to membership of a couple of the other clubs within. I like my panto. Oh yes I do.

P.S. Stella 13AD a pint apparently....

Me thinks you like your pantalones
Oh yes you do...................me too also.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes the rumours of it moving have been around a while, but the fact that now they are redeveloping the port area, plus all the islands around it i think it will be moving, i will try and track down the 'main man' at some point and ask! but wont be until school goes back.
Sheikh Kalifa goes to school

Originally Posted by Eva
Me thinks you like your pantalones
Oh yes you do...................me too also.
All together now - we all like pantalones
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I think BB means Mike - not the big K!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yes i mean mike, but the fact that Big K has been to our school, gifted something or other, but we do have a lot of the other al nayhans as well.....!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes i mean mike, but the fact that Big K has been to our school, gifted something or other, but we do have a lot of the other al nayhans as well.....!!!!!
Aware there are many, but only one ruler....
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
you forgot to mention, Stella pint 13AED
Now 8AED a pint. Summer special during July / August
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by soukie
Now 8AED a pint. Summer special during July / August
haha - well, AA does admit to having been there only once....