British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   The (British) Club Abu Dhabi - useful info (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/british-club-abu-dhabi-useful-info-553390/)

weescot Aug 5th 2008 2:39 pm

The (British) Club Abu Dhabi - useful info

As mentioned in a previous thread, I said I would report back on my "show around" The Club. I also asked permission for this information to be posted here. OK:

Waiting lists: Singles - 4 - 6 months. Families 6 - 12 months. the time varies as it depends on turnover of members and the nationalities of those applying for membership. It can be completely random.

Stats of Membership: 84 nationalities in total. 50% British. All together, 75%of membership is from English speaking countries. Total members: Adults 3,000. Cant remember how many junior members - around 11,000 I think.

Location: The land was gifted to The Club 46 years ago by the late Sheikh Zayed. The curent ruler is happy for the Club to stay where it is. The rumour that the Club is reloating has apparently been around for 20 years. It is staying put! So join now for eventual views of the Manhattan of the Middle East - AD's new business district.

Information in first two sections will of course change, so probably better to call the Club direct when you look around.

arbroath_abroad Aug 5th 2008 3:40 pm

Re: The (British) Club Abu Dhabi - useful info

you forgot to mention, Stella pint 13AED:D

Madam Medusa Aug 5th 2008 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6647805)
As mentioned in a previous thread, I said I would report back on my "show around" The Club. I also asked permission for this information to be posted here. OK:

Waiting lists: Singles - 4 - 6 months. Families 6 - 12 months. the time varies as it depends on turnover of members and the nationalities of those applying for membership. It can be completely random.

Stats of Membership: 84 nationalities in total. 50% British. All together, 75%of membership is from English speaking countries. Total members: Adults 3,000. Cant remember how many junior members - around 11,000 I think.

Location: The land was gifted to The Club 46 years ago by the late Sheikh Zayed. The curent ruler is happy for the Club to stay where it is. The rumour that the Club is reloating has apparently been around for 20 years. It is staying put! So join now for eventual views of the Manhattan of the Middle East - AD's new business district.

Information in first two sections will of course change, so probably better to call the Club direct when you look around.

sooooo...are you gonna join weescot, that's what we all want to know...!

MM, xx

arbroath_abroad Aug 5th 2008 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6648083)
sooooo...are you gonna join weescot, that's what we all want to know...!

MM, xx

join the waiting list. Weescot, you can have our membership...we never use it really. It is fab, but really in the middle of nowhere..

and nothing is sacred in UAE, if developers want the land badly, it will go no doubt....look at Dubai country club...(sorry BC:D)

weescot Aug 5th 2008 7:10 pm

I will be applying. More for access to membership of a couple of the other clubs within. I like my panto. Oh yes I do.

P.S. Stella 13AD a pint apparently....

busybee2 Aug 5th 2008 9:27 pm

yes the rumours of it moving have been around a while, but the fact that now they are redeveloping the port area, plus all the islands around it i think it will be moving, i will try and track down the 'main man' at some point and ask! but wont be until school goes back.

Eva Aug 5th 2008 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6648712)
I will be applying. More for access to membership of a couple of the other clubs within. I like my panto. Oh yes I do.

P.S. Stella 13AD a pint apparently....

Me thinks you like your pantalones
Oh yes you do...................me too also.

weescot Aug 6th 2008 3:55 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6649135)
yes the rumours of it moving have been around a while, but the fact that now they are redeveloping the port area, plus all the islands around it i think it will be moving, i will try and track down the 'main man' at some point and ask! but wont be until school goes back.

Sheikh Kalifa goes to school :blink:

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 6649262)
Me thinks you like your pantalones
Oh yes you do...................me too also.

All together now - we all like pantalones

soukie Aug 6th 2008 4:05 am

I think BB means Mike - not the big K!

busybee2 Aug 7th 2008 1:04 am

yes i mean mike, but the fact that Big K has been to our school, gifted something or other, but we do have a lot of the other al nayhans as well.....!!!!!

weescot Aug 7th 2008 4:21 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6653631)
yes i mean mike, but the fact that Big K has been to our school, gifted something or other, but we do have a lot of the other al nayhans as well.....!!!!!

Aware there are many, but only one ruler....

soukie Aug 7th 2008 5:23 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6648007)
you forgot to mention, Stella pint 13AED:D

Now 8AED a pint. Summer special during July / August

weescot Aug 7th 2008 5:41 am

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 6654014)
Now 8AED a pint. Summer special during July / August

haha - well, AA does admit to having been there only once....