Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bringing cash back from dubai

Bringing cash back from dubai

Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

rickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nice
Default Bringing cash back from dubai

Ok say for example i've been in Dubai for 5 years and made a nice stack of cash, how do i avoid mr blair getting his filthy hands on it!!! of course this post is purely speclative as i would always pay any taxes i was to owe.

Cheers Rick
Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:24 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing cash back from dubai

Originally Posted by rickyboy
Ok say for example i've been in Dubai for 5 years and made a nice stack of cash, how do i avoid mr blair getting his filthy hands on it!!! of course this post is purely speclative as i would always pay any taxes i was to owe.

Cheers Rick
Where do u live?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Cheers Rick

Why not purchase Gold or Diamonds and bring it back with you, every piece of jewellery i purchase was worth 4 times the price i paid and also Persian Carpets are a good commodity if you get a source for them

Last edited by johnbuoy; Feb 17th 2005 at 12:05 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

rickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nicerickyboy is just really nice

Cheers Johnbuoy, i like the idea of buying loads of gold, although don't wanna look like p-diddy / daddy / divvy...

Rick
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

novita77,
currently i live in the uk but am moving to dubai in 2 weeks

Rick
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Cheers Johnbuoy, i like the idea of buying loads of gold, although don't wanna look like p-diddy / daddy / divvy...

Rick
Just learn to Barter my boy!!!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:17 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

do you have a job yet?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TA5
do you have a job yet?
Have you looked into offshore accounts?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TA5
do you have a job yet?

I dont yet but am sweating on 2
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:31 pm
Banned

Candour is on a distinguished road

Cheers Rick
You can set up a tax wrapper called a Personal Portfolio Bond (PPB).

In a PPB you can hold cash, bonds, managed equity funds, property funds etc...

The great thing about a PPB is that if it holds the correct types of assets it qualifies under UK life assurance rules allowing you to legally take 5% of its value into the UK each year as an income but free of income tax. Some even have credit cards attached so you can sneak the money in that way.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Candour ,

Thankyou very much that sounds perfect will start looking into that right away, i was also hoping my company in Dubai may have some ideas too,,

Thanks again i owe you a

Rick
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:47 pm
Banned

Candour is on a distinguished road

Candour ,

Thankyou very much that sounds perfect will start looking into that right away, i was also hoping my company in Dubai may have some ideas too,,

Thanks again i owe you a

Rick
Our company advises on these products - drop me a line if you want more info

[email protected]
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Candour, thanks again mate i may drop you a line once over in Dubai.

Cheers Rick
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:42 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Rick
snoop dog or ali g then?

bling! LOL

Gold or diamonds might be a good option though.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:55 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Why not purchase Gold or Diamonds and bring it back with you, every piece of jewellery i purchase was worth 4 times the price i paid and also Persian Carpets are a good commodity if you get a source for them
John... will not the immigration in UK stop u? And when they find the gold do u think they won't ask about the VAT tax???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.