Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Brief history of Saudi

Brief history of Saudi

Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:11 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Brief history of Saudi

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Righty ho folks,

Any chance we can get this one back on track...was getting kinda informative......plleeeeeeaase
Which topic was that?
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:26 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry hijacking the thread, anyone on this forum based on UAE working in oil and gas trade? Hubby looking for a lead to get a job in the UAE (Dubai or Abu Dhabi) in oil and gas trade.

If any of you working in oil and gas trade through an agent in the UK, do u mind if i have the contact or the website address of the agent?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:28 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by novita77
Sorry hijacking the thread, anyone on this forum based on UAE working in oil and gas trade? Hubby looking for a lead to get a job in the UAE (Dubai or Abu Dhabi) in oil and gas trade.

If any of you working in oil and gas trade through an agent in the UK, do u mind if i have the contact or the website address of the agent?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Novi! It's been a while! What exactly does your hubby do in the Oil/Gas industry and what's his educational background. I know a company that's looking for Chemical Engineers.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:37 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tami2
Hi Novi! It's been a while! What exactly does your hubby do in the Oil/Gas industry and what's his educational background. I know a company that's looking for Chemical Engineers.
Hi Tami !!! Yes it is been long time.

I am afraid he don't have any clue with this chemical business

My hubby doing piping maintenance for qatar petroleum at the moment. He is a NDT engineer/inspector (or whatever u call them ).
Years ago he used to work for TWI (The Welding Institute) in Granta Park in Cambridge as an examiner. And he also did an NDT Inspector building a power plants in Indonesian and Malaysia.

About his educational background ... he owns this tons of certificates PCN, CSWIP or something like that (again i don't have any clue what you call each of qualifications ), that he have to renew once every 5 years by taking exams back to TWI.

I am sorry that I am not so clear about my hubby line of job ... he can work in oil and gas industry, he can work in building power plants and in singapore he job doing inspection for shipping company (inspecting their oil tankers) .

So ideally any job got something to do with NDT inspector is ideal for my hubby.

Thanks again Tami.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:09 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brief history of Saudi revisitted

Sorry folks, was asked by a few members to remove the crap from here as it was an interesting thread for a while

Cheers
TRIN
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:11 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Sorry folks, was asked by a few members to remove the crap from here as it was an interesting thread for a while

Cheers
TRIN
Many Thanks.....Your firing blanks BTW!!

Anyone else got any input of either the Oil&Gas situation in the Middle East or the history of Saudi ??
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Toon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

Cheers
TRIN
That's why my post count has fallen.....
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:17 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

The Sykes-Picot Agreement : 1916
Introduction

The Sykes Picot agreement, concluded in 1916, divided the Middle East into areas of influence for France, Great Britain and others, giving the French control over modern Syria and Lebanon. Most of Palestine was to have been under international control. Though the agreement mentions the possibility of cessions by either side to an Arab state, it in fact made it impossible for Great Britain to honor the promises made by Sir Henry McMahon to Sheriff Hussayn in 1915. The agreement excluded the districts "west of the districts of Damascus, Homs, Hama and Aleppo" as specified in the Hussayn-McMahon agreement, extending the line south so that Palestine was excluded from Arab control. However, the agreement also excluded two much larger areas that would be under direct British and French control, and split the Arab area into zones of British and French influence that would preclude full independence.

This means..basically..that if Lawerence of Arabia didnt meddle around with arabic affairs........then most of Arabia would now be under british control and we would be one of the richest countries in the world !!!!!

FACT

Here is the Original Draft proposal for the division of arabia between France and England

Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:18 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Toon
Does China have oil reserves of its own?
It might not have oil, but don't under estimate it's financial reserves. Example? Second largest reserve of US Dollars outside the US.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:23 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
It might not have oil, but don't under estimate it's financial reserves. Example? Second largest reserve of US Dollars outside the US.
And a potential infantry size that dwarfs America and the UK combined
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:24 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

And what is left out here? Does everyone realise that Mecca from a histotical point of view actually belongs to Yemen? And that Yemen once swore on the holy book it would take back what belongs to them? As my ex partner (and Saudi national) once told me?

"What I'm scared of if the oil dries up? Not falling into a limbo of being forgotton as a country. What I'm scared of? Are the Yemens.."

Last edited by Frans Wind; Jun 6th 2005 at 2:29 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:26 pm
UAE Expat

And a potential infantry size that dwarfs America and the UK combined
And what's even more scary? They have the (proven) ability to think and act like Europeans. In the coming 10 years? That WILL make them the major economical force.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:26 pm
aka Mr. X

eclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic-x has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks.....Your firing blanks BTW!!

Anyone else got any input of either the Oil&Gas situation in the Middle East or the history of Saudi ??
You're firing the same blanks JD...but thanks just the same.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:27 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Frans Wind
And what is left out here? Does everyone realise that Mecca from a histotical point of view actually belongs to Jemen? And that Jemen once swore on the holy book it would take back what belongs to them? As my ex partner (and Saudi national) once told me?

"What I'm scared of if the oil dries up? Not falling into a limbo of being forgotton as a country. What I'm scared of? Are the Jemens.."
Jemens or Yemens??
Old Jun 6th 2005, 2:28 pm
UAE Expat

Jemens or Yemens??
Oooops Yemens I mean. Sorry, doing three things at once on two computers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.