Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Brief history of Saudi

Brief history of Saudi

Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:48 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brief history of Saudi

I knew it was too good to last.......
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Toon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
I knew it was too good to last.......
Ignore her!

Ignore her!

Ignore her!

Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:49 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toon
Global recession? What about a global war?
IMHO any war will be between Saudi and Bahrain,Qatar/UAE.

Once oil stocks dwindle, I believe they may try to force other gulf states to subsidise or share any other fields in the area. This may be done using religious pressure, or military might.

But thats just my view.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Toon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond reputeToon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
IMHO any war will be between Saudi and Bahrain,Qatar/UAE.
That's where it perhaps will start, but it will certainly not end there..... If a war breaks out over the shortage of oil, it won't take long before India, China, Russia and the USA will be involved.....
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

China...definitely china
Does China have oil reserves of its own?
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:55 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toon
Does China have oil reserves of its own?
Bugger all...imports continuously thru pipelines and the yellow sea......late last year their demand was so high the boffins predicted 200 bucks a barrel by xmas 05...it may yet happen......buy your air tickets in advance now as u won't be able to afford them in a year
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:56 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tami2
I completely agree with you JD. After living in Riyadh and seeing the "other side of the tracks" on occassion, I do believe there will be some major trouble there in the near future. My husband, who went through the Iranian Revolution in the late 70s also believes there will be a revolution in KSA within the next 10 years. He says the feeling in the country, the small protests, etc. are just how it started in Iran, and primarily for the same reasons.

As for the alternate energy, that too is an interesting question. When my husband joined Amoco (which has now been swallowed up by BP-damned Brits) in 1989, he was Amoco's coal gasification expert at the Naperville Research Center. Things went along really well until the shit hit the fan and the U.S. government decided to quit funding coal research. Why? Well, who was it that took over the Oval Office in January 1989? That's right...Georgie Sr. When Texas oil moved into the White House, it didn't take more than a few months before coal research went out the window. There was talk and some reasearch done on alternate synfuels, but again, the research funds just weren't there for long. And now looking down the barrel of another 3.5 years of Jr.....well, I'd say we're pretty much screwed. He is, however, more than willing to disregard supposedly protected nature preserves to drill for more oil in Alaska! What a guy!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Oh, and how you doing, you Sexy Beast (JD)?
LOL, Im fine thanks Tami,
Jeddah isnt half as bad as Elsewhere, but the feeling of being hated by the majority, and a wardens notice the other day makes you constantly feel on edge.

Like I said before, I am VERY confident it will kick off here soon!, and once they kick off i cant see it stopping. Once the birthplace of Islam kicks off, it will cause tremors throughout the region.

And im sure the west will get blamed for exploiting Saudi oil.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

stormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant futurestormer has a brilliant future

Time to start buying bicycles. They say you can make London to Dubai in 3 weeks flat..that is with the tail wind..
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

I think that there actually is an alternative source of energy or fuel that the US is already tapping/using.I havent done research about Nasa and space missions,but I always wonder,how those shuttles,sattelites,space stations and probes,stay and travel distances in the millions of miles?
Old Jun 5th 2005, 6:59 pm
Up in the air

I will be crying like a baby when they convert cars to alcohol.....waste..utter waste.

However....It will make syphoning fuel fun!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:00 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

LOL, Im fine thanks Tami,
Jeddah isnt half as bad as Elsewhere, but the feeling of being hated by the majority, and a wardens notice the other day makes you constantly feel on edge.

Like I said before, I am VERY confident it will kick off here soon!, and once they kick off i cant see it stopping. Once the birthplace of Islam kicks off, it will cause tremors throughout the region.

And im sure the west will get blamed for exploiting Saudi oil.
Just keep you @ss covered, sweetie, from both the bombs and the gutrahs!
And get your horny self back to Dubai in one piece.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:01 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by shoushou
I think that there actually is an alternative source of energy or fuel that the US is already tapping/using.I havent done research about Nasa and space missions,but I always wonder,how those shuttles,sattelites,space stations and probes,stay and travel distances in the millions of miles?
Solid fuel for the rockets (similar to what Iran are currently testing) , and compressed gas/aerosol for manouvering.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Solid fuel for the rockets (similar to what Iran are currently testing) , and compressed gas/aerosol for manouvering.
Can it be used in our daily livesa nd if so,will it be expensive or cheap?
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bugger all...imports continuously thru pipelines and the yellow sea......late last year their demand was so high the boffins predicted 200 bucks a barrel by xmas 05...it may yet happen......buy your air tickets in advance now as u won't be able to afford them in a year
If only I knew when my visa was due......
Old Jun 5th 2005, 7:04 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by MJC
I suffer from premature ejaculation, and i cant get aroused unless im dressed up as a women. life as a pre-op transexual is soo hard
Thanks for sharing MJC, but lets get back on topic eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.