Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bridging the gap? Media City to The Greens...

Bridging the gap? Media City to The Greens...

Old May 26th 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

hell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant future
Default Bridging the gap? Media City to The Greens...

Hi all,

Having been a resident of the Greens for 9 months now I am shocked to see the bridge still has not opened and we have to wait in traffic for half an hour to get to work in the morning.

Does any one know what the hold up is as it seems to be ready, all the lights are plummed in and I have seen numerous contruction vehicles on the damn thing so why cant they open it....

They seem to be digging up Jebel Ali Race course road in different spots daily so I guess there is a problem with that.

Has anyone got any information, hell, an educated guess as to when it will be operational?

I know being a 'newbie' to the Greens I dont have the right to whinge but I would just like an idea.

DISCLAIMER: Not working in construction my self I do not claim to know much about bridge building apart from what I have seen on 'Megastructures'! So excuse my ignorance if there is a obvious delay.
Old May 26th 2009, 11:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridging the gap? Media City to The Greens...

Originally Posted by hell its hot
Hi all,

Having been a resident of the Greens for 9 months now I am shocked to see the bridge still has not opened and we have to wait in traffic for half an hour to get to work in the morning.

Does any one know what the hold up is as it seems to be ready, all the lights are plummed in and I have seen numerous contruction vehicles on the damn thing so why cant they open it....

They seem to be digging up Jebel Ali Race course road in different spots daily so I guess there is a problem with that.

Has anyone got any information, hell, an educated guess as to when it will be operational?

I know being a 'newbie' to the Greens I dont have the right to whinge but I would just like an idea.

DISCLAIMER: Not working in construction my self I do not claim to know much about bridge building apart from what I have seen on 'Megastructures'! So excuse my ignorance if there is a obvious delay.
December 09 apparently I get stuck in it every day but to be honest with you it is alot better than it was a few months back.
Old May 26th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
December 09 apparently I get stuck in it every day but to be honest with you it is alot better than it was a few months back.

Everyday it seems to be a wiser decision I sold my flat in Views East in August 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 27th 2009, 4:54 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

come to JBR
Old May 28th 2009, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Everyday it seems to be a wiser decision I sold my flat in Views East in August 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good on you Jim i bet you made a packet?!

You have to admit though the Greens is a different league from all the rest of the apartments in Dubs????

I wish i had been here when they were selling them. I would say it's the best place in dubs to stay.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes

You have to admit though the Greens is a different league from all the rest of the apartments in Dubs????

I wish i had been here when they were selling them. I would say it's the best place in dubs to stay.
The shoreline apartments on the Palm knock spots of The Greens
Old May 28th 2009, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it was an excellent investment!
Old May 28th 2009, 4:10 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Like to see a girl who doesnt set her sights to high.....
Old May 28th 2009, 4:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Like to see a girl who doesnt set her sights to high.....
in five years time the Greens will be a run down area, Jim you did the right thing to sell when you did
Old May 28th 2009, 10:29 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

in five years time the Palm will so erode that you'll be sorry you did not have a place in Greens.
Old May 28th 2009, 11:23 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by diablo
in five years time the Palm will so erode that you'll be sorry you did not have a place in Greens.
so when will JBR collapse then .....
Old May 28th 2009, 11:28 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
so when will JBR collapse then .....
Thought it had already started, thats why so many apartments are boarded up.....
Old May 28th 2009, 1:08 pm
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hell its hot
Hi all,

I have been in the greens for nearly 4 years. The bridge work started March last year. I too have no idea what the hold up is. Everyday the taxi drivers say 'maybe one month'.

Surely Dec 09 cannot be right. The thing is finished. All I can think is that the road in Media city where the bridge connects are not done. But surely those should be the easy part?
Old May 28th 2009, 1:17 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=MrsHawkes;7610525]

QUOTE]

ok

1. only people like BB2 are allowed to refer to Dubai as Dubs and Abu Dhabi as AbDabs..it comes with being blinkered about everything UAE.

2. The greens looks like a russian council compound. I know its heaven compared to fraserborough but FFS raise the bar above your ankles

3. stop smoking..

4. stop smoking..
Old May 28th 2009, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

QUOTE]

Wild guess - someone not been paid !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.