Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Brian Kennedy in Dubai (NO WAY!!!Who the heck...?)

Brian Kennedy in Dubai (NO WAY!!!Who the heck...?)

Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:37 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of
Default Brian Kennedy in Dubai (NO WAY!!!Who the heck...?)

"PRIDE OF IRELAND BRIAN KENNEDY IS COMING TO TOWN!"

I was happily involved in the previous "Up, close & personal" with Henry Rollins, who was a real cool guy, throwing Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves imitations as bonus at the reception party, the whole experience was just great, and Henry spent like an hour after the show in the foyer of the community theater answering the most random questions.

Now this fella is coming highly recommended, as my Irish friends go crazy for him. Is he any good, from a non-brit perspective?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 6:11 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brian Kennedy in Dubai (NO WAY!!!Who the heck...?)

You can chech out his music on his site http://www.briankennedy.co.uk/soundbytes.html

All the Irish love him!! He has a good voice.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
You can chech out his music on his site http://www.briankennedy.co.uk/soundbytes.html

All the Irish love him!! He has a good voice.
But ME, the Irish love Daniel O Donnell too, so it's not much of a recomendation, lol!

MM, xx
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:49 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

That's cos he lets all the old ladies into his house for a cup of tea!

Some of Brian's songs are very moving but some are very country & western
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
That's cos he lets all the old ladies into his house for a cup of tea!

Some of Brian's songs are very moving but some are very country & western
ok ME, let's say I'm still not convinced

MM, xx
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:51 am
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ok ME, let's say I'm still not convinced

MM, xx
Same here, not really a fan of melody/country/western. Does he act as well?
Old Jan 26th 2007, 4:54 pm
Pog mo thoin

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
Same here, not really a fan of melody/country/western. Does he act as well?
I don't think so, but I bet he does a mean jig

No office taken MM .. I only like his version of Dirty Old Town, otherwise not my cup of tea.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:28 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Brian is a genuinely nice guy and talented, but not what you'd call exciting. (I had free tix).

The funniest thing was seeing a bunch of middle-aged women getting very excited & whooping at him - not one of them seemed to have realised that he is not that way inclined...

Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Meow
Brian is a genuinely nice guy and talented, but not what you'd call exciting. (I had free tix).

The funniest thing was seeing a bunch of middle-aged women getting very excited & whooping at him - not one of them seemed to have realised that he is not that way inclined...

I don't get the "(I had free tix)". Does it make it less exciting?!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't get the "(I had free tix)". Does it make it less exciting?!
I took that to mean... "I wouldn't normally be sad enough to go see Brian K, but as I had free tix, it's allowed and in no way makes me any less cool than I clearly am"

MM, xx
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:18 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

So what you're saying is that he cruises the bournville boulevard, licks the stamp on the other side or drives the wrong way down the street.

If that's true I'm surprised the authorities let him in!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:41 am
Banned

I took that to mean... "I wouldn't normally be sad enough to go see Brian K, but as I had free tix, it's allowed and in no way makes me any less cool than I clearly am"

MM, xx
Mad Med, thank you very much to give a voice (well, a font) to my very own thoughts with so much wit and sharpness, my English can't work so hard so early in the morning.

Quoting a higher reference: "Gal-darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a 20-dollar hoe"
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mad Med, thank you very much to give a voice (well, a font) to my very own thoughts with so much wit and sharpness, my English can't work so hard so early in the morning.

Quoting a higher reference: "Gal-darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a 20-dollar hoe"
hmmm....now why am I thinking this isn't a compliment, lol!

MM, xx
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:27 am
Banned

hmmm....now why am I thinking this isn't a compliment, lol!

MM, xx
but it IS! I meant it in a nice way
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:25 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
So what you're saying is that he cruises the bournville boulevard, licks the stamp on the other side or drives the wrong way down the street.

If that's true I'm surprised the authorities let him in!
I hadn't even heard of the guy until a week beforehand. A friend of mine runs the theatre, hence my going along.

I expect there was a spcial clause in his visa to keep his filthy gay hands to himself whilst over here....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.