Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Breast feeding in ME

Breast feeding in ME

Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breast feeding in ME

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
What???? Are you Admon in disguiiiiise?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrre you Admon in disguise?

Do you have kids? I would assume not as you still seem to see tits as "Page 3 stunners" made for your titilation alone. How can a woman FEEDING a baby be anything like a bloke sucking on a pair of tits in a mall?? They're doing what they're designed for after all and contrary to some opinions on here they're not merely funbags for us to play with. (Although that is fun.)
What does that have to do with Admon???
I do have kids, only one, and, his mother used to prepare his "food" using that pump thing...Foresight is always good when going out with a baby...
Now as for comparing baby sucking and man sucking, read my question again to understand the context...
And by the way, women's breasts serve many purposes, as does their genitals, as do our genitals...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:37 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
What does that have to do with Admon???
I do have kids, only one, and, his mother used to prepare his "food" using that pump thing...Foresight is always good when going out with a baby...
Now as for comparing baby sucking and man sucking, read my question again to understand the context...
And by the way, women's breasts serve many purposes, as does their genitals, as do our genitals...
not all women can do the pump thing though...it would take me hours of pumping and still only a little would come out...strange but true...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
not all women can do the pump thing though...it would take me hours of pumping and still only a little would come out...strange but true...
Oh absolutely true...I tried it, I know...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

and my kids wouldn't drink out of a bottle.....my girls both breastfed for a long time, but I had to ween my son when he was 9 months because I had to have surgery - poor little bugger starved for a day before he'd take the bottle. He's also the only one of my kids who carries a bit of weight, I think formula actually contributed to that. Women should be allowed to breastfeed anywhere, anytime, as long as they are discreet, as MH, Kitty and other posters have already said.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:09 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
and my kids wouldn't drink out of a bottle.....my girls both breastfed for a long time, but I had to ween my son when he was 9 months because I had to have surgery - poor little bugger starved for a day before he'd take the bottle. He's also the only one of my kids who carries a bit of weight, I think formula actually contributed to that. Women should be allowed to breastfeed anywhere, anytime, as long as they are discreet, as MH, Kitty and other posters have already said.
that's true...I was lucky enough to work in the same building as the nursery was located, so there was never any need to do the whole pumping thing for me...if I hadn't been so close to them, I probably would have stopped breastfeeding after going back to work, seems like a load of hassle to me...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

that's true...I was lucky enough to work in the same building as the nursery was located, so there was never any need to do the whole pumping thing for me...if I hadn't been so close to them, I probably would have stopped breastfeeding after going back to work, seems like a load of hassle to me...
yep - and then there's all that sterilising bottles and pumps to do - why create even more work for yourself when you're flat out with a couple of kids.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

Ok lets take this into another direction.

I think about a year ago i saw a reportage on british tv about a woman back home.. . still breastfeeding her children who are of age 4, 6 and i remember this very well... an 8 year old daughter too. She was almost the height of her mother.

Thats one part.... now to blend it in with the topic of this thread:

How do you guys feel about that being done in public... discretely or otherwise.

Anyway the mother said she has no issues with it... and the kids love it... and i was just thinkin ... thats one sick family When will it stop? At what age?

Inv.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

BITTY!!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:29 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae

I think about a year ago i saw a reportage on british tv about a woman back home.. . still breastfeeding her children who are of age 4, 6 and i remember this very well... an 8 year old daughter too. She was almost the height of her mother.

How do you guys feel about that being done in public... discretely or otherwise.

Anyway the mother said she has no issues with it... and the kids love it... and i was just thinkin ... thats one sick family When will it stop? At what age?

Inv.
That's a completely different debate that even splits the breastfeeding community - it starts getting into serious ethics, human rights, dependancy issues... all the rest.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:37 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Try to put words together and make up a sentence...Would be a good excercise for your brain...
Didn't you have interesting and pertinent things to say once upon a time? You just seem to be able to spout pervy, nonsensical drivvel nowadays.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Why do mothers feel the need to do this in public?

Go to a bathroom facility. Nobody wants to see it.

Apart from pervy arabs and construction workers of course, who will no doubt take photos of it.

Of course it would be illegal breastfeed in public here.
completely legal and encouraged within the Muslim community, there are also plenty of Mother and baby rooms in all the Malls.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae

Inv.
Breastfeeding is really only beneficial to babies upto about a year old (some say 2). It can help protect babies and mothers from certain diseases. Anything after this, in my opinion, is just not being ale to let go, it's a comfort thing. As far as I'm concerned, if a child is old enough to unbutton it's mothers blouse it's time to stop!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

ozkingy is on a distinguished road

I think one of the most beautiful sights in the world is a mother nursing her child. My wife breastfed both our girls for over 12 months in Australia. She was always discrete about it in public, but not to the point of completely covering herself. I can see how that would be more acceptable here though.

As for suggesting that mothers feed infants in toilets, that is just so ignorant and disgusting. THAT makes me feel sick, not the sight of a mother nursing her child.

Cheers,

Kingy.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

My wife discretely feeds our little one (usually in the corner booth of a coffee shop or similar) and discretely fed his brother while we were in the UK too. Over here I am a little more uncomfortable when she's doing it as I realise that the locals can be funny about anything involving the human body but there is really no other option when you have two very small children, one of whom will not take a bottle very well at all. There is nothing to see as she's always covered with a shawl so there is really nothing to perv at (unless flowery shawls do it for you.)

It still amazes me that some guys (particularly those who have kids!) are so juvenile about it. It smacks of little boys in the playground...."oooooh look over there.....boooooobies!! That woman is feeding her baby with her booobies!!! hahahahaha!!!!"

Grow the **** up or don't look at all if you can't handle it!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Mariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really niceMariah_Saudi is just really nice

I have been reading this forum for a long time now, and only been compelled to register in order to answer this thread.
I live in Saudi Arabia, have 3 kids and I have breastfed all 3 in public here in Saudi Arabia.
it is not against the law. your wife just has to be discreet, loose t-shirt lift the side just enough to allow the baby to feed while sitting at a corner table with yr back to the room that always works.
I have seen many women do it and no one is the wiser.
I am amazed really by readingg that men find it disgusting. It is natural and healthy for babies.
As for the weather their are alot of indoor play areas in all the malls, as for outside better to wait till late afternoon and always give yr kids plenty of water.
and also as someone mentioned in Islam a woman should breatfeed her child for (2 YEARS Maximum) but not everywoman can handle that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.