Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Breast feeding in ME

Breast feeding in ME

Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:28 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breast feeding in ME

right... back to a helpful answer!

Just as in the UK, as long as there's nothign "on show", it'll be fine. Very few breastfeeding mothers are exhibitionist about it (some are, and I don't personally agree with them). Your wife will know exactly how to achieve this discretion, either with the good 'ole 2-layered tops or just with a shawl over her shoulder.

As for people taking photos... well, it's not like you're walking down the street doing it. Tucked up in the corner of a coffee shop (good excuse for a cake!), not by the window and no one will even blink.

I think, Admon, if you say you've never actually witnessed it in 5 years, then the women's discretion is working... I see breastfeeding women regularly in malls - simply 'cos I know what I'm looking at.

It's not illegal - it's actually encouraged officially... although there is an even bigger stigma surrounding it than in the West... even medical bods will say things like "oo, you're... breastfeeding... oh... right!" as if you're a cross between a complete loon and superwoman.

Lastly, a word to the wise to all those who have problems with it... it's what breasts are for.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I have never heard of anyone being arrested for breastfeeding a baby in a discrete way.
I've seen an Arab woman breastfeeding in public . Funnily enough she was still covered! Am sure it's not illegal - it's in the Koran that mothers should breastfeed for the first year of their baby's life or something like that.

Take it you don't have kids then Admon and Bambi? If you don't want to see it then don't look - simple.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty

Lastly, a word to the wise to all those who have problems with it... it's what breasts are for.
Sorry I have to disagree here. Not all breasts are for babies!

Inv.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae
Sorry I have to disagree here. Not all breasts are for babies!

Inv.
Maybe I'm wrong.. I can't agree with Investoman twice in a single week, surely..
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:36 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

So you think in the UK when you breastfeed in the train for example, its ok? Come on,.... the breast shudnt be shown in public anywhere in the world... cos men react pretty much the same anywhere. It aint an "arab" thing (to Admon) you just cant say "pervy arabs"... thats pretty f********* racist dont you think?

So please to the mothers out there,... breastfeed your child somewhere more private, wherever you are in the world.

Inv.
breastfeeding isn't equal to showing your tits....trust me
and yes, I would feed on the train if I have to....rather than have EVERYBODY looking at me for having a whaling baby, rolling their eyes, sighing, hearing people say can't that child shut the fck up....
A lot of breastfed babies won't take a dummy.
But mabye babies should come programmed with the British Rail time table and then all would be solved...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
But mabye babies should come programmed with the British Rail time table and then all would be solved...
I'm glad we have come to an amicable solution..
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I've never heard so much crap spouted in one thread!
Why would someone not breastfeed on a train?!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Gosh! Yes you can (and you should if the baby is hungry) breast feed in public places in the ME. Just do it discretionaly. It looks from some comments in this thread that at the end of the day arabs are more open minded than a lot of expats. Now I am starting to get worry.

For the summer months... it is really a pain in the a$$. I only spent a week though last year and it was fine after 6pm.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:44 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
I've never heard so much crap spouted in one thread!
Why would someone not breastfeed on a train?!
I know...it's not like we are talking about sucking dick in public...
although probably some on here would find that less offensive...
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

Mate, i been catching trains in UK ever since i was born... but the point i was making is... i witnessed retards staring rudely at women who were breastfeedin . .and the women didnt even have the common sense to cover for example the top bit and only leave u kno.... enough space for sucking.

Anyways... what am tryin to say .. . i am not against women breastfeeding. . .anywhere... thats natural.... but am against women showing it to the whole wide world..... my advice was to do it as discretely as possible. Am sure none of those mothers want the attention while they are breastfeedin . .. am i wrong here?

Not tryin to offend anyone with my views... breastfeedin is totally natural... and if it must be done it must be done.... just u kno . . keep the teet away from the eyes.

Inv.

Last edited by Investoman_uae; Mar 25th 2009 at 4:49 am.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Phew thanks for that, we disagree after all..
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
I'm sorry, I just don't see the need for it and I don't want to see it.
then don't ****ing look you twat, christ you're the most intolerant person that ever lived.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Mate, i been catching trains in UK ever since i was born... but the point i was making is... i witnessed retards staring rudely at women who were breastfeedin . .and the women didnt even have the common sense to cover for example the top bit and only leave u kno.... enough space for sucking.

Anyways... what am tryin to say .. . i am not against women breastfeeding. . .anywhere... thats natural.... but am against is women showing it to the whole wide world..... my advice was to do it as discretely as possible. Am sure none of those mothers want the attention while they are breastfeedin . .. am i wrong here?
OK fair enough - that is a bit different to your other post telling all mothers to keep it indoors....

I know...it's not like we are talking about sucking dick in public...
although probably some on here would find that less offensive...
Ha ha! Think you're right there Matahari!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by admon
Phew thanks for that, we disagree after all..
My pleasure.... when u need to disagree in any topic,... let me kno!

Inv.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:53 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Anyways... what am tryin to say .. . i am not against women breastfeeding. . .anywhere... thats natural.... but am against women showing it to the whole wide world..... my advice was to do it as discretely as possible. Am sure none of those mothers want the attention while they are breastfeedin . .. am i wrong here?

Not tryin to offend anyone with my views... breastfeedin is totally natural... and if it must be done it must be done.... just u kno . . keep the teet away from the eyes.

Inv.
so the r-tards were staring... did this bother the woman? It sounds as if it bothered you more than it did her. It all depends how you deal with it... she could easily have stared back if she wanted to make a point, and it'd have been the r-tards who'd have diverted their gaze, feeling slightly lecherous and embarrassed.

As I said... very few are truely exhibitionist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.