something to do when not working.. I work for a advertising
agency on Sheik Zyed Rd. Email me if you want to go for a
beer/coffea or something..!

// kimmo

Old Aug 24th 2003, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

reaper27 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey kimmo,

In the previous thread we were all talking about meeting up together. Check it out and private message us. I am 22 year old getting ready to move over to Dubai in about two weeks. Talk to you soon.

Regards,

Bill
Old Sep 14th 2003, 7:59 pm
dubaiexpats

Cool New group for English speakers living in Dubai

Discussion group for English speakers moving to or living in Dubai, UAE - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dubai-expats/

Free to join - we have similar groups in Scandinavia and they have proved to be mega popular with people helping each other with info and eventually organising social events for up to 60 people. Now some of us are moving to Dubai and want to keep on being well informed and having fun!

Members can:
- access information about social functions
- visit the chat room
- find and add information about living in Dubai (under bookmarks)
- take part in our polls
- upload your photos - members, places in Dubai, etc
- add events to the calendar.

New members welcome!

Old Feb 15th 2005, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

nick lyus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bored swede in Dubai...

Hello Kimmo

I am currently working in London after a year in New York and would like to move to Dubai. How did you get your job in your agency? any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks nick

Originally Posted by Kimmo
Hi

Im a newly arrived 23 year old Swede in Dubai. Looking for
something to do when not working.. I work for a advertising
agency on Sheik Zyed Rd. Email me if you want to go for a
beer/coffea or something..!

// kimmo
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:12 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

hello Kimmo, reaper27(Bill) and Nick. Welcome to the forum!

If u have any q's on Dubai or on life in Dubai, feel free to PM me or put up a post and i will do my best to answer ur q.

Am an expert on DXB, so will be happy to part with some info.

Enjoy the site.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
hello Kimmo, reaper27(Bill) and Nick. Welcome to the forum!

If u have any q's on Dubai or on life in Dubai, feel free to PM me or put up a post and i will do my best to answer ur q.

Am an expert on DXB, so will be happy to part with some info.

Enjoy the site.
The posts seem kind of outdated?!
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:25 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
The posts seem kind of outdated?!
oops................ LOL........... was trying to be that friendly Face in the crowd. heh heh.....

ah well........... atleast i welcomed them. Better late than never. hahaha

enjoying more rain in Dubai without me?
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

oops................ LOL........... was trying to be that friendly Face in the crowd. heh heh.....

ah well........... atleast i welcomed them. Better late than never. hahaha

enjoying more rain in Dubai without me?
Never liked rain but it reflects my mood right now, so can't even be bothered.

Just prooves again Face how unconditional your help is. I was actually just waiting for the first bait. Shame it had to be you though.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:37 pm
The Oracle

Never liked rain but it reflects my mood right now, so can't even be bothered.

Just prooves again Face how unconditional your help is. I was actually just waiting for the first bait. Shame it had to be you though.
All we have here is the bloody sun! aaarrrgh! In 8 weeks, i have seen mizzle about 5 times and rain just once! Its raining more in Dubai. And I am not there to enjoy it.

I try to be helpful and welcoming to all on the site.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

All we have here is the bloody sun! aaarrrgh! In 8 weeks, i have seen mizzle about 5 times and rain just once! Its raining more in Dubai. And I am not there to enjoy it.

I try to be helpful and welcoming to all on the site.

I used to be amazed at how little it rained in the UK when I first moved over and really enjoyed not needing an umbrella. If it rained, it was too windy to use it anyway and you got blow dried instantly, so never really got wet, wet.

In Switzerland, once the clouds got stuck between the mountains, not even the strongest wind could blow them out of the way and it just pissed and pissed for days, so the UK seemed a bliss but once I had my kids, it became a bit frustrating heading out to the beach because the sky was blue and the minute I unpacked the bags, it started to drizzle. Everybody back into the car and back home only to be faced with a clear blue sky again. Gradually, I started understanding why people would park their cars by the beach and not even attempt to get out and just sit in it for hours or go swimming when it was bloody freezing, just to enjoy the fact it wasn't raining.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:15 pm
The Oracle

I used to be amazed at how little it rained in the UK when I first moved over and really enjoyed not needing an umbrella. If it rained, it was too windy to use it anyway and you got blow dried instantly, so never really got wet, wet.

In Switzerland, once the clouds got stuck between the mountains, not even the strongest wind could blow them out of the way and it just pissed and pissed for days, so the UK seemed a bliss but once I had my kids, it became a bit frustrating heading out to the beach because the sky was blue and the minute I unpacked the bags, it started to drizzle. Everybody back into the car and back home only to be faced with a clear blue sky again. Gradually, I started understanding why people would park their cars by the beach and not even attempt to get out and just sit in it for hours or go swimming when it was bloody freezing, just to enjoy the fact it wasn't raining.
pmsl........... good story. heh heh