Reload this Page >

Border run for housemaid visa

Border run for housemaid visa

Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

ozkingy is on a distinguished road
Default Border run for housemaid visa

Hello all,

We have employed a housemaid who is here on a visit visa (to see her daughter), not a tourist visa. We want to flip it so we can get an employment visa for her started. I was under the impression you could pat 500AED or there abouts at the visa office and get it flipped, but they have told me she must leave the country and come back in as it is a visit visa, not a tourist visa.

I'm out in Al Ain so a border run is no issue here. What I'm worried about is that the visa office guys said something about 24hrs out of the country. Can anyone offer any advice about this situation? I was hoping to take her through the border post out past Bawadi mall and exit/enter there in a couple of hours.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,

Ozkingy.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all
Default Re: Border run for housemaid visa

Originally Posted by ozkingy
Hello all,

We have employed a housemaid who is here on a visit visa (to see her daughter), not a tourist visa. We want to flip it so we can get an employment visa for her started. I was under the impression you could pat 500AED or there abouts at the visa office and get it flipped, but they have told me she must leave the country and come back in as it is a visit visa, not a tourist visa.

I'm out in Al Ain so a border run is no issue here. What I'm worried about is that the visa office guys said something about 24hrs out of the country. Can anyone offer any advice about this situation? I was hoping to take her through the border post out past Bawadi mall and exit/enter there in a couple of hours.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,

Ozkingy.
A few years ago before my company gave me a residence visa, i had to complete 3 months service to make sure they were happy with me before applying for a residence visa.

After doing 2 months, they applied for a 30 day extension to my visa. After that i had to do a visa run. I flew to Doha and back, both in the same day and had no problems? But maybe thats different with a british passport. Unsure about other nationalities.

Last edited by StublueKPL; Apr 7th 2009 at 6:14 am.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,

Ozkingy.
she'll prabably have to do the visa trip to Kish.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
she'll prabably have to do the visa trip to Kish.
Why? Isn't a border a border? Why can't I drive her over to Oman?

Cheers,

Ozkingy.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

A maid cannot do a visa run this is only open to certain nationalities, she will need to go to Kish however, this is not really an option as she cannot come back ont eh visit visa it would have to be an employment visa. The best option is to go to the immigration department and extend the visa for 500aed for a further 30 days, even after that you will have to make an intercountry amendment to make the employment visa.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by banter64
A maid cannot do a visa run this is only open to certain nationalities, she will need to go to Kish however, this is not really an option as she cannot come back ont eh visit visa it would have to be an employment visa. The best option is to go to the immigration department and extend the visa for 500aed for a further 30 days, even after that you will have to make an intercountry amendment to make the employment visa.
OK, just to clarify. She's Filipino with a visit visa that expires on the 14th of April. She has had it extended on arrival I think. I have got an entry permit for employment for her ready to go. Can I just get her into Oman and back or must she go to Kish?

Cheers,

Ozkingy.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:10 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

OK, just to clarify. She's Filipino with a visit visa that expires on the 14th of April. She has had it extended on arrival I think. I have got an entry permit for employment for her ready to go. Can I just get her into Oman and back or must she go to Kish?

Cheers,

Ozkingy.
If you already have her entry permit ready you should be able to do a boarder run but nothing is ever simple for Filipinos in this country so I would advise Kish just to be sure...it's not going to cost much more really and she'll probably make friends on the flight too.

N.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers,

Ozkingy.

Kish or make an intercountry amendment at the immigration
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by banter64
Kish or make an intercountry amendment at the immigration
OK. Thanks guys. I have had conflicting information from the visa office. As I am in Al Ain I would rather do the border run here to Oman. I think there are a few local operators of that service so I may send her on one of those.

Cheers,

Ozkingy.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

mickf is an unknown quantity at this point

Not the right thread but will ask anyway.

I was told you get 10 grace on a visit visa with out being fined is this true?

Mick
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

Dear ozkingy,

if you make a visa run either to Oman or Kish Island or to any other country except Filipinas, you will cause a serious harm to your maid.

The easiest way is to obey the laws... and the laws say that Filipinos need to return to their country before returning to UAE. The only option for the 'visa run' is to send her to her country and to get her back from Manila.

Yes, there are other smart options too. You may get her the British passport. In such case she could indeed only cross the border at Al Ain and return back.

Please read www.thenational.ae and you will find the thousand sad stories of maid who believed in such fairy stories about 'visa run' in Oman.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kazic
Dear ozkingy,

if you make a visa run either to Oman or Kish Island or to any other country except Filipinas, you will cause a serious harm to your maid.

The easiest way is to obey the laws... and the laws say that Filipinos need to return to their country before returning to UAE. The only option for the 'visa run' is to send her to her country and to get her back from Manila.

Yes, there are other smart options too. You may get her the British passport. In such case she could indeed only cross the border at Al Ain and return back.

Please read www.thenational.ae and you will find the thousand sad stories of maid who believed in such fairy stories about 'visa run' in Oman.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm only doing what they told me to do both at the border post in Al Ain and the Al Ain visa office. I'm not into breaking the law, but when you get 6 different stories on what to do from the same government department, it makes life difficult. I have gone with the law of averages and done what most of the immigration officers here have said. I'd love to see what the law is in regards to Filipinos though. Can you elaborate?

Cheers,

Kingy.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

kazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nicekazic is just really nice

Here is the link:

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...73351574918040

I was thinking that this is an obvious issue known to everybody. Please, check this issue carefully because too many people have destroyed their own existence.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kazic
Here is the link:

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...73351574918040

I was thinking that this is an obvious issue known to everybody. Please, check this issue carefully because too many people have destroyed their own existence.
Kazic - check PMs please!
Old Apr 18th 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Please, translate into plain English "check PMs please". What does it mean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.