Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bob the Builder and kids toys

Bob the Builder and kids toys

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:29 am
Just Joined

please-help is a jewel in the roughplease-help is a jewel in the roughplease-help is a jewel in the roughplease-help is a jewel in the roughplease-help is a jewel in the rough
Default Bob the Builder and kids toys

Hi all

Arrived in Abu Dhabi about a month ago and still finding my way around. My Wife and 1 year old son will joining me in a few months and I want to decorate my son'd bedroom with Bob the builder and Thomas the Tank engine toys/stuff before they arrive.

Does anybody know where I can find this from within the UAE or would I need to order from say Ebay etc?

Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:39 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bob the Builder and kids toys

Originally Posted by please-help View Post
Hi all

Arrived in Abu Dhabi about a month ago and still finding my way around. My Wife and 1 year old son will joining me in a few months and I want to decorate my son'd bedroom with Bob the builder and Thomas the Tank engine toys/stuff before they arrive.

Does anybody know where I can find this from within the UAE or would I need to order from say Ebay etc?

Thanks.
There's a Toys R Us in the the Meena Free Port area. Might be worth trying there.

Last edited by Sam FTQ; Feb 2nd 2008 at 8:43 am. Reason: Freudian slip
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ View Post
There's a Toys R Us in the the Meena Free Port area. Might be worth trying there.
The Toy Store stocks bob the builder - not sure if there is one in Abu Dhabi though. The bedding you might get in Carrefour
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Try the ELC(Early Learning Centre) they do both. Debenhams may do bedding or BHS worth a try, good luck he is a very lucky boy.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:44 am
Just Joined

please-help is a jewel in the roughplease-help is a jewel in the roughplease-help is a jewel in the roughplease-help is a jewel in the roughplease-help is a jewel in the rough

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. I am sure there will be some great stuff in those stores i better get going and "FIX IT" or the "FAT CONTROLLER" might have a few words to say..... LOL!!

Cheers.:
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by please-help View Post
Thank you very much for all your suggestions. I am sure there will be some great stuff in those stores i better get going and "FIX IT" or the "FAT CONTROLLER" might have a few words to say..... LOL!!

Cheers.:
this just reminded me...can you believe that the american version of thomas is so pc that they don't have a fat controller...he's called sir topham hatt...!!!!

MM, xx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Unbelievable....he will always be the fat controller to me....!!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

amthorpe2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not exactly help, but we are moving to Qatar in a couple of months, and during our visit last October struggled to find much related to either. The Early Learning Centre and Gulf Greetings Card shops had some of the Wooden Thomas stuff, but not much. We wanted the Tomy Thomas Road and Rail set, but had no joy at all. Toys R Us in Doha was a big disappointment.

Would be really interested to find out about anything you find in UAE.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Good morning

I'll check all the recoomedations out over the next 2 weekends at let you know how I get on. If I have no success there I think i'll have to order maybe from ebay or direct from the supplier and have it shipped in.