Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

BMW Z4 Coupe in Dubai

BMW Z4 Coupe in Dubai

Old May 22nd 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light
Default BMW Z4 Coupe in Dubai

When i finally get into Dubai, i will have around £20k for a car. I want something branded, fast, stylish(from my perspective) and above all else uncommon. I like the Z4 coupe or the new Audit TT, how common are they in Dubai? I know that cars are around 30% cheaper there, so both probably retail at around £28k. Anyone here own one of these cars, and what do you think of them?
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:57 am
W10

Default Re: BMW Z4 Coupe in Dubai

Aren't all cars branded??

Most modern sports cars are common here, although the Z4 coupe is less so because I think they didn't import so many, they're still pricey and there is a big wait list.

TTs are 10 a penny and much much cheaper than in the UK.

If you want something that is unique you'll have to buy a classic.

And just out of interest, if you say your budget is 20k and you think these cars retail for around 28k...why do you want them??

Old May 23rd 2008, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, as W10 says, TTs are very common...i've seen a few Z4s, but not that many, so go for that if you want something a bit more exclusive...

MM, xx
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:40 am
W10

I think....they are about 200k (but not 100% sure) which puts them in Porsche territory.

They are decent cars though, very good looking, just not quite as exciting as I would expect to drive.

Old May 23rd 2008, 10:12 am
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Worldismine
When i finally get into Dubai, i will have around £20k for a car. I want something branded, fast, stylish(from my perspective) and above all else uncommon. I like the Z4 coupe or the new Audit TT, how common are they in Dubai? I know that cars are around 30% cheaper there, so both probably retail at around £28k. Anyone here own one of these cars, and what do you think of them?
Hi

An uncommon branded car which would really stick out is a 'proton' - what do you think?

Just kidding mate
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Get an Echo or a Sunny or Yaris... and then come to Sharjah. You'd really stick out then.
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

There is not a chance i will drive anything that doesnt have a roof over there.... have you seen the driving......

my mate has some sort of porsche and he said come on lets go ...... errrrr no ta, maybe in another life time! We ended up in his works 4x4... stylish!
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

All the best cars are common in UAE, in london i am lucky enough to own DB9 they still seem special in London but in Dubai its just another sports car.
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:51 pm
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10
Aren't all cars branded??

And just out of interest, if you say your budget is 20k and you think these cars retail for around 28k...why do you want them??
Yes - good point - you will be the first person in the Middle East who spends more than the budget.

Sort it out!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Old Lob
Yes - good point - you will be the first person in the Middle East who spends more than the budget.

Sort it out!!
£8k difference, here are the ways i can bridge the gap. Buy something nearly new, negotiate, and borrow the difference from one of my friends. Or save up the £8k. OR i could just walk in take the thing and drive off, coz the z4 is something i am willing to give my right arm for, lol
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:19 pm
W10

I had a look in a local magazine and they had the Z4 down as dh230,000 (31,500 pounds) but not sure if that is the coupe or if there are different specs of the coupe.

Old May 23rd 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by W10
I had a look in a local magazine and they had the Z4 down as dh230,000 (31,500 pounds) but not sure if that is the coupe or if there are different specs of the coupe.
I think thats for the Z4 M coup, the fastest of the lot. In the UK that would cost £40k +, In Al Arabia magazine they gave the normal coupe a price range of 180k 2 190k, maybe prices have increased since then, so i might be mistaken.
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:27 pm
W10

the 3.0 one is not as much fun to drive as the convertible...

I'll check the prices and post when I find out

Old May 23rd 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

crw1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our new TT 3.2 Coupe is 186,000 AED- no negotiation on the price front- dispite trying very hard. The Cabriolet is 196,000 AED. It will take approximately 3 months to arrive- ours is due in August. A TT 2.0 Coupe is (from memory) 156,000 AED with the Cabriolet approximately 10,000 AED more.

Not only is the car significantly cheaper than in the UK but it also has all the kit as standard- so options like the magnetic ride that you'd pay approximately £1,000 for in the UK are standard as is the Bose system- although not on the 2.0 litre.

Hope this helps.
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crw1979
Our new TT 3.2 Coupe is 186,000 AED- no negotiation on the price front- dispite trying very hard. The Cabriolet is 196,000 AED. It will take approximately 3 months to arrive- ours is due in August. A TT 2.0 Coupe is (from memory) 156,000 AED with the Cabriolet approximately 10,000 AED more.

Not only is the car significantly cheaper than in the UK but it also has all the kit as standard- so options like the magnetic ride that you'd pay approximately £1,000 for in the UK are standard as is the Bose system- although not on the 2.0 litre.

Hope this helps.
Thanks and hope you enjoy your new wheels. Also i did not realise that kit was standard there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.