Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

BMW M3/M5.....cheaper than UK? Best place to buy a new one?

BMW M3/M5.....cheaper than UK? Best place to buy a new one?

Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

saas4130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BMW M3/M5.....cheaper than UK? Best place to buy a new one?

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
Well, its the + in 70mph+ that's the real trick here. How big is that plus?
For me......I guess its more about enjoying the car rather than acting like a rally driver........on the other hand, while I was out in Dubai a few months back I had the pleasure of rallying on the SZR all the way to Abu Dhabi........and I all got was 8 speeding tickets.....man!, they do actually work!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
Well, its the + in 70mph+ that's the real trick here. How big is that plus?
If I said I'd probably go to jail. Lets say, for research sake it was + 30mph?

I suppose its the time getting to it thats more important than the actual + itself. #
My only experience of roads over there was watching Top Gear and seeing how willing the Dubai police were to let James May take the new Flying Spur up to around 180mph on an open road.

Don't know where I'll be working yet so couldn't even guess a potential route to work. Will be from the Marina ....its anyone's guess where to though.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

jason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nice

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Hey you're in a better position to comment than me, I've never been over there but have heard / read about driving standards - lets not digress though, i'm sure there's a million threads about it.

So you're saying there aren't as many places to open up out there? I have to do the M60 every day and, whilst its busy in the mornings, I can still cruise at 70mph+ without a problem.
I don't know what time you commute but I have done them M60 for that last 10 years and between 7:30 and 8:30 I can't hit 70mph due to conjestion.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jason4004
I don't know what time you commute but I have done them M60 for that last 10 years and between 7:30 and 8:30 I can't hit 70mph due to conjestion.
Join worsley at around 8 ish and I'm in Ashton 20 or so minutes later. I don't get bogged down in the stockport traffic, I go round the top past Prestwich and Middleton. Honestly, I never have a problem. Sometimes backs up near the Bury junction but if you leave it till last minute and dive across you're fine. After that on the 'new' bit its plain sailing all the way.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
she's a wannabe...

MM, xx
you know me so well
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you know me so well
Hi - any luck with the prices me friend?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:36 pm
W10

Originally Posted by CeeBee
You could say exactly the same thing about the UK though....its not the point of where you can do it....its the fact that you 'can'.

That and racing between lights must look really cool....
And of course, the fact that an M3 ain't shit in Dubai :-)

Be prepared to get slayed off the lights by Ferraris, Lambos and of course, tricked out Landcruisers...

Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by W10
And of course, the fact that an M3 ain't shit in Dubai :-)

Be prepared to get slayed off the lights by Ferraris, Lambos and of course, tricked out Landcruisers...
One can only ride what they can afford....right now for me M3/M5 will do the trick.......
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:45 pm
W10

I'm joking.

Although it is funny how you will get slayed by a 20 year old Nissan Patrol...

I am going to phone Al Futtaim and ask why they don't sell Prius' in Dubai!

Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by W10
I'm joking.

)))

Dont like the Prius.....looks like an alien
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:50 pm
W10

I actually think they're great looking cars and i'm very keen to get one imported.

Lets face it, most people spend most of their lives in dubai doing an average of 5km/h

Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by W10
I'm joking.

I think you already know the answer to that!?

Closest hybrid you'll get is a Chevy Yukon with a stonking great V8.

If you can saas try and go for the M5 and see if you can get it de-restricted. Alternatively if you can't find what you're looking for give the CLS63 a serious thought. 507bhp on tap!!! Or...there's always the RS4!

M3 as a drivers cars would be fantastic but being so highly sprung i'm not sure how they'd cope over there with the heat in traffic.

But....considering you know what you're looking for I guess you've already decided anyways. Best of luck.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saas4130
Hi - any luck with the prices me friend?
I gave you an idea of the price days ago.
this UAE list price for an M3 coupe according to a local car mag is US$85,000
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I gave you an idea of the price days ago.
this UAE list price for an M3 coupe according to a local car mag is US$85,000
Thanks guys.....yes, made up my mind already........but it boils down to the prices.

$85k sounds about right for Dubai........thanks......
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saas4130
Thanks guys.....yes, made up my mind already........but it boils down to the prices.

$85k sounds about right for Dubai........thanks......
what is the average rental for a 2/3 bed apartment around the dubai internet city?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.