British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   blood tests for RP: in Qatar or in Home Country? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/blood-tests-rp-qatar-home-country-832478/)

primularossa Apr 28th 2014 8:43 pm

blood tests for RP: in Qatar or in Home Country?

dearest all

for obtaining the residence permit for Qatar (both work and family RP) it is necessary to have a bllod test for blood group, HIV, epatites, and so on.

Questions:

1) I already have a blood group certificate (I am a donor): may I bring this, without having to do it again?

2) may we also have the blood tests here in our home country, or it is compulsory to do them in Doha? ( would prefer to take them before living, it is more easy for me)

thanks a lot

Primula

Johnnyboy11 Apr 29th 2014 2:24 am

Re: blood tests for RP: in Qatar or in Home Country?

Originally Posted by primularossa (Post 11238161)
dearest all

for obtaining the residence permit for Qatar (both work and family RP) it is necessary to have a bllod test for blood group, HIV, epatites, and so on.

Questions:

1) I already have a blood group certificate (I am a donor): may I bring this, without having to do it again?

2) may we also have the blood tests here in our home country, or it is compulsory to do them in Doha? ( would prefer to take them before living, it is more easy for me)

thanks a lot

Primula

You'll have too give blood twice in Qatar. Once at the Medical Centre who will test for various diseases and a second time at a private clinic to confirm your blood group. You then need to remain in Qatar until your RP is granted, otherwise you need to repeat step one on your return.

Your employer's pro will sort all this out for you. The medical centre is an experience you will remember, owing to it being packed like a cattle shed with hundreds of prospective labourers from India and Nepal. There is a VIP route for males (costs QAR 100) and Ladies go a separate route. Best to go first thing in the morning, before it opens, and avoid Ramadan when it closes randomly (power failure, computer failure, etc.).

My experience anyway.

EastWest Apr 30th 2014 8:03 am

You need to have 2 blood tests: one before coming to Doha and the other after arrival. The first one is for HIV and Hepatitis and a form needs to be filled in order to get the visa. You also need a blood group certificate before coming. I don't understand what they need it for but it is required. Once you arrived in Doha, you need to go to medical commission for blood test and x-ray. That is all.

co durham boy Apr 30th 2014 8:07 am

You get everything done here , a good PRO can get it done in 1 week .