Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Blood an Gore on SZR

Blood an Gore on SZR

Old Nov 10th 2005, 6:53 am
Its good up North!

Uncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really niceUncle B is just really nice
Default Blood an Gore on SZR

I have just driven passed an indian worker well whats left of him on the szr by the new mail of emirates :scared: I mean its the last thing you want to see while eating a subway meatball sandwich!! Why don't the police cover up the body? Instead of standing around talking and laughing, the guy had only half a head an the road looked like a lorry load of red paint had tipped over it an they wonder why poeple here rubber neck
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:48 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blood an Gore on SZR

Photos or it never happened!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:49 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Yuk! Obviously he didn't follow the Green Cross Code. But who in their right mind would try and cross the SZR on foot - madness!! Still poor thing, sounds like he didn't suffer - hopefully?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 7:17 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zannie
Yuk! Obviously he didn't follow the Green Cross Code. But who in their right mind would try and cross the SZR on foot - madness!! Still poor thing, sounds like he didn't suffer - hopefully?

Yeah why do they do that! They keep trying to cross the busiest roads. Unless they try to do it on purpose
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:57 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Photos or it never happened!

It did happened, apparently it was a blue collar worker who went to cross the road at a undesignate place. Jaywalking was the cause
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:58 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
Yeah why do they do that! They keep trying to cross the busiest roads. Unless they try to do it on purpose
For a start ... place like Doha they dont have cross bridge. Try to cross the road in pedestrian crossing in corniche It just so scarreeeyyyy ....

I saw an Indian guy dead by the roadside few weeks ago after being ran over by a landcruiser

Will not be surprise if they do it on purpose either, lots of this guy haven't been paid for months by their employer while back home they are in a heavy debt (owing money to get a job in the middle east).
Old Nov 12th 2005, 2:47 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

(This is the text of an e-mail sent to me, I guess this is the same accident, You have my mate John's permission to use the text and picture).

"Guys,

I have heard and seen aftermaths of so many accidents on the SZR. Unfortunately, just after 12noon today, as I was driving with the family from Jebel Ali towards Dubai, just by the Marina, I witness an accident 1st hand.

I was on the 3rd lane, just ahead of me on the left (4th lane) a car prolly doing about 100kph, hit a pedastrian trying to cross the SZR. He flew several feet into the air, over the car and landed in the center reservations, thrown forward about 20ft or so. My wife saw it too and went nearly hysterical (my kids did not see it). I pulled over immediately, asked the wife to call 999 (she was prolly incoherent) while I went to check on the victim. He did not appear to be breathing and was quite severely injured. The was a huge hole at the back of his head and I think I see grey matter spilled out on a large pool of blood. His arms & legs were badly mangled too.

By this time several people have gathered round. I was told that I must not touch the victim, until the cops arrive. I have heard this before but I still find it strange. Anyhow, assessing that the victim is not in any further danger, I left him lying there. The cops arrived within a few minutes, paramedics shortly afterwards. I must say it was less than 5 mins before they arrived. These guys must have so many calls for the SZR that they are prolly positioned nearby.

One thing I noticed was the driver of the vehicle never once came near not even to check on the victim. Don't know his nationality but was dressed in white dishdasha, the whole time talking on his mobile phone. He was walking around his car instead, immediately after the accident.

Does anyone know where do we really stand in an accident like that as in application of 1st aid before the cops come? If it really turned out to be fatal are there any legal implications?

Anyway, I did have my camera handy. Here's a picture of the car. The others are just too gory. The crowd at the back was where the victim layed. Point of impact was close to the 2nd lampost behind. Basically, this car took almost the distance between lampost to come to a stop.

Reminder to all, it's not only cars you have to watch out for, there's the pedastrians too on the SZR"
Attached Thumbnails Blood an Gore on SZR-accident.jpg  
Old Nov 12th 2005, 5:33 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

What an awlful thing to witness, however, sounds like the driver of the car was driving within the speed limit. As well as the victim, you really have to feel sorry for the driver of the car, especially as he seem to be driving sensibly (within the speed limit etc.).

Does make you wonder if this was a suicide for the reasons posted in a pervious thread?
Old Nov 12th 2005, 1:34 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

What a dreadful thing to witness, i've seen the aftermath of similar, and it stays with you for a while. Suicide??? Zannie what have i missed or have i not read the this thread correctly?

Hi by the way
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:04 pm
A Natural Blonde

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Suicide??? Zannie what have i missed or have i not read the this thread correctly?

Hi by the way
Hiya RT

How are you?

Read Novi's last paragraph referring to these poor souls doing this on purpose. I'm assuming from Novi's remark that they sacrifice themselves for the potential blood money their family would receive?

Zx
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:06 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zannie
Hiya RT

How are you?

Read Novi's last paragraph referring to these poor souls doing this on purpose. I'm assuming from Novi's remark that they sacrifice themselves for the potential blood money their family would receive?

Zx
Now that is sad, my god it sorta makes you feel lucky for what you have doesn't it?

I'm fine hun how about you, did you go to the puss show?
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:17 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is sad, my god it sorta makes you feel lucky for what you have doesn't it?

I'm fine hun how about you, did you go to the puss show?
He he puss show - thought that happened at Yorks
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:18 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Originally Posted by Fairydust
He he puss show - thought that happened at Yorks
yeah and they chuck in the xtra crispy bits for free :scared:
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:24 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

yeah and they chuck in the xtra crispy bits for free :scared:
Urgggggggggggggggh thats gross
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:43 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Urgggggggggggggggh thats gross
Welllll the guys seem to like it they go back for more lmao.

Must invest in some cornflakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.