Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A blip or the start of something bigger

A blip or the start of something bigger

Old Jul 13th 2006, 9:45 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default A blip or the start of something bigger

Israel bombs the crap out of Beirut airport...

War or a spat?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Auto.

PS - A conversation today between some colleagues, a LebCan, Arab German and a Bangladeshi:

LebCan - *****ing Israels... blah blah blah
Bangla - It's all the Americans fault for supporting them.
Arab Germ - It's the same thing, Americans and Jews, Jews control America.
LebCan - too right.
Bangla - The Jews have all the money and power.
All three - True, True.
Bangla - I guess this is why Hitler wanted to kill them all.

At this point I had to tell them to shut the ***** up... Cretins.

PPS - Glad to see a thread 50 replies long about shagging around yet a war just about to start in the Middle East has not been mentioned!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: A blip or the start of something bigger

Originally Posted by Autonomy

War or a spat?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Auto.

PS - A conversation today between some colleagues, a LebCan, Arab German and a Bangladeshi:

LebCan - too right.
All three - True, True.

PPS - Glad to see a thread 50 replies long about shagging around yet a war just about to start in the Middle East has not been mentioned!
Im afraid its the start of something bigger my friend....
But,I dont encourage the state-within-a-state status quo that we have in Lebanon....
A solution must be found....
Old Jul 13th 2006, 12:05 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

War or a spat?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Auto.

LebCan - too right.
All three - True, True.

Aut...its too big to go away this time.... and this will bubble over the borders.... what with this, North Korean missile tests, Indian Missile tests, Iranian nuclear enrichment, Afganistan blowing up again and the continued Iraqi situation, things are looking a trifle dubious for the future...especially the ME.

And to add to it all, the Argies are eyeing up the Falklands again......
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:36 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough

War or a spat?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Auto.

LebCan - too right.
All three - True, True.

All very scary indeed. I don't think its a storm in a tea pot this time. Something much bigger is looming on the horizon with all the missile tests etc for sure ...

Somewhere in all of this sides will be formed and practising will regrettably become the real thing again. Just hope gulf doesn't become missile alley
Old Jul 13th 2006, 2:53 pm
W10

Most of the Lebs I know were dead against Hezbollah's action (even some of the shiites) for the simple reason that the country was trying to get itself back on its feet - and it is obvious to the whole world that they are trying to drag them into a war.

The problem is that Hezbollah is basically an Iranian and Syrian funded militia that doesn't seem to act in the interests of Lebanon (mind you - who does!!!)

I think in general the Lebanese people are fed up of being used as a theatre for other countries to act out their regional war games.

I was supposed to be going to Beirut next week as well

Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:12 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough

There's a Lebo in a shared office here at work. Nice guy. Just real noisy (as they all are apparently). He's very tearful about the troubles. Very relieved to be here and out of it all.

Pity about Lebo ... it has superb export peanuts here in Doha. Yummie!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Is it politically correct to call them Lebo's?

Originally Posted by Rascalmate
There's a Lebo in a shared office here at work. Nice guy. Just real noisy (as they all are apparently). He's very tearful about the troubles. Very relieved to be here and out of it all.

Pity about Lebo ... it has superb export peanuts here in Doha. Yummie!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:36 pm